Advanced PowerPoint in a Day
This fast-paced one-day course is for anyone who has used PowerPoint to create basic slides and wishes to fully master the capabilities of PowerPoint, quickly create slideshows without the faff and control how slides appear. This course is for those who want to be able to quickly and easily create presentations that look well designed, fit the corporate branding and fully utilise animation, sound and video to good effect.
What you will learn
After this advanced one-day PowerPoint training course, you will be able to:
- Understand the elements of a great presentation
- Create well-designed slides that are simple and effective
- Avoid the faff and quickly create new presentations that meet your design needs.
- Create templates that make creation of your presentations easy
- Create and adjust master slides to control the look of your presentation
- Integrate slides from other presentations, either keeping the original formatting or applying your style
- Understand where to find free or low-cost images and be able to manipulate them
- Use animation to control how slides are displayed
- Add hyperlinks to allow you, or somebody receiving the slides, to move easily to other slides.
- Create an automated quiz, using PowerPoint slides
- Insert and edit sound and video files into your presentation
- Create a video using PowerPoint, based on a set of slides and a voiceover, which can then be distributed to others.
Creating Great Presentations:
- Key Principles
- Slide Design
- Use of Story
- Creating Templates
- Design Themes
- Master Slides
- Combining slides from different sources
Sourcing & Using Images:
- Free & paid sources
- Image Manipulation
- Creating a Quiz
Sound & Video:
- Insert and edit audio & video
- Record a video in PowerPoint
Intensive Courses from Happy
Intensive courses have been created specifically for those who need to learn a great deal of content at a faster pace. Each one is focused on increasing your productivity, and building a substantial expertise in just a single day. These courses will be longer, faster and more intensive than a standard classroom course. If you can keep up, the rewards will definitely be worth the effort.
Which PowerPoint course is right for you?
Making sure you’ve booked the right course isn’t always easy.
Luckily we have a handy survey to help you decide.
And if you’re still unsure, call our friendly team on 020 7375 7300 and we’ll help you work out what you need.
Trusted Customer155 days ago
Rachel was an excellent trainer and so patient!
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course runs 9:30am to 5:15pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9:15am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 20 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Did you know...
...we also run a series of presentation skills workshops?
If you know how to use PowerPoint, do you have the skills and confidence to deliver your presentation? Or do you know how to design great looking slides for your presentation that are also effective?
Our two presentation skills courses will help, covering these additional areas to make your PowerPoint presentations really shine!
Engaging PowerPoint Presentations to enable you to create great presentation slides. Find out more
Expert Presentation Skills (2 day) to enable you to present to any audience with confidence. Find out more