Happy HQ, 3rd Floor, 9 Alie Street, London E1 8DE
What You Will Learn
- To identify assertive and non‑assertive behaviour
- To analyse their current behaviour patterns
- To deal with conflict constructively
- To learn and practice a range of techniques of assertive communication
- To explore situations where it is difficult to behave assertively, and to develop strategies and skills to handle them more effectively
This female-only workshop was designed as some learners may feel more comfortable learning in an all-female environment. However, the content of this workshop is identical to our mixed gender Assertiveness one-day workshop.Book now
- How do you communicate?
- Identifying personal and/or work situations that present difficulty
- Recognising assertive and non‑assertive behaviour
- Conflict styles
- Being assertive
- Barriers to assertive behaviour
- Assertive body image
- Communicating more effectively
- Giving and receiving compliments and criticism
- Creating your personal action plan to use beyond the course
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainer
Kay Worth has been running personal development and parenting courses for over 25 years. She has 4 children, a degree in Psychology and many years experience of working in the voluntary sector. She is committed to promoting positive thinking, confidence building, great communication and positive parenting strategies, and loves to see the difference her courses make to relationships both at home and work.