Remote Working 101
Flexible and remote working has become more popular over the last few years, with Cloud-based software making it easier than ever. With the current Coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19), many organisations are now asking staff to stay home. For some, this may be the first time they have worked from home.
In these Live Online Learning sessions, we will be focusing on essential skills to support you when working from home, such as how to focus and to keep your work/life balance. You can take all sessions, or just the ones most relevant to your role.
These two hour workshops are only available online. Please get in touch to discuss private group options.
About the Sessions
How to Work From Home
Whether you have regularly worked from home or you are working remotely for the first time due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this session will give you tips and advice for maintaining your productivity and an effective work/life balance.
What you will learn:
- Balancing work and home when they are in the same place
- Establishing your space and routine
- Being realistic about what you can achieve
- Exploring allowances with your team and colleagues
- Best way to communicate using computer, phone and email
- Avoid communication traps
- Eight tips for better email
- Regular check ins
- Establish boundaries with work colleagues and family members
Working Productively at Home
How do we make sure we are effective while working from home? This two-hour online session teaches simple tools and techniques to be more productive. It covers the key areas of email, focus, online meetings and mindset.
What you will learn:
- Get on top of your email. If everybody is working from home, email can expand hugely and swamp our work day. Learn techniques to keep it under control so you can focus on what matters.
- Good email practice
- 321zero: Limit your time in the Inbox
- Make it easy: Get subject line right, focused emails
- Using the 4Ds
- Be focused. The world is even more full of distractions when you are working at home. Learn techniques to become focused on what matters in your work:
- Get your priorities right: Eat 4 frogs
- The Pomodoro method: Focus your work
- Find your focus: Mini personal kanban
- Effective Online Meetings. Moving online could give the opportunity to move away from long, dull meetings to ones that are focused and effective.
- Use chat effectively
- Use shared documents to capture what everybody has to say
- Breakout rooms
- Mindset: Putting it into practice
- Whether you achieve this is all about mindset. What is the one thing you can change today?
Maintaining Your Wellbeing While Working at Home
This two-hour session will look at how you can maintain your wellbeing and mental health while working from home during these uncertain times. We will explore several techniques, including mindfulness, exercise and gratitude, as well as how to manage your stress levels.
What you will learn:
- Identifying stress and five steps for wellbeing at home
- What you already do well
- Identifying the body signs of stress
- Ideas to help to reduce stress
- Five steps that are proven to increase your wellbeing
- What it is
- A simple practice you can try out at home
- Ideas for further exploration
- Working with your thoughts
- Noticing how thoughts affect our wellbeing
- What to do about negative thinking
- Movement, Chimps and Gratitudes
- Understanding how simple movement at home can help (and the importance of exercise, when you can get it).
- Noticing our own ‘Chimps’ and how to bring them under control
- How ‘Gratitudes’ can increase happiness
- The effect of naming your emotions
Group Learning Events
Looking for a private group event for your team, or even your whole organisation?
We can organise a date that works for you, and we can tailor the content to your team. Our private workshops can be held online, inhouse at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London (following current government guidelines).
What are Happy's online events like?
In this short video, take a look at some of the ways that we create interactive, engaging experiences online using Zoom.
The Small Print
All learners will need to install Zoom on their machines. Full technical requirements are on the Zoom website. Your link will be included in your joining instructions once you have booked your place — if you haven't received this email then please contact our team.
Learners should log into the training session 10 minutes before the start time, to ensure that they have downloaded and set up Zoom correctly. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals.
Your active participation is expected: everyone will be heard and seen throughout, just as they would be if we were in a room together. To be heard, hear and seen you will need a microphone, speakers and camera — if you have a modern laptop that’s all you will need. Remember, you’ll need a quiet place to call from and a decent internet connection is a must.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Due to COVID-19, our public programme is currently only being held online through our Face-to-Face Live Online learning sessions. However, we are now able to offer classroom training sessions for private bookings. Please get in touch for more information, pricing and availability.
For the latest government guidance, please visit the gov.uk website.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will advise all clients if the situation changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to arrange some online training, our friendly team are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can leave a message on 020 7375 7300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testimonials from happy Learners
Siobhan Brennan-Robson7 days ago
Ebiji was an excellent teacher. I will be keeping her on speed dial.
Sophie Allen7 days ago
the initial invitation didn't come to all participants so I wasnt sure if the training was confirmed
Trusted Customer8 days ago
Amazing work! Honestly, I have had such a pleasant experience with Happy whether it be online or in their offices. Hopefully, in the future, I get to have more sessions w...
Trusted Customer10 days ago
I found the Office 365 training really useful. It consolidated my self-taught learning and showed me some new things that will make my life easier as well as doing some t...
Trusted Customer10 days ago
Found the session interactive and engaging throughout. Range of tools shared.
Helen Twigg11 days ago
Really enjoyed the Liberating Structures Online Immersion Workshop. High energy that kept you involved all day and have been able to use the learning immediately. Woul...
Ruth Gibbins11 days ago
Great facilitation, very interactive and organsied
Emma Willcox11 days ago
Great course, with lots of opportunity to practice techniques and not just learn about them. The day is packed full of content, so be ready to embrace the fast pace and t...
Judy Duff11 days ago
Happy are a creative, unique, relevant and modern-day approachers of workshop delivery and content.
Trusted Customer13 days ago
Excellent course and facilitator :) The course had good interactive sessions and well thought out content. It was made relevant to our roles and the trainer was supportiv...
Scott Haines14 days ago
I thought the training was excellent. It was really enjoyable and engaging and gave me lots of ideas to take away.
Toks Kinoshi14 days ago
An excellent session led by Henry where I learnt some new, refreshing techniques