Remote Working 101
Flexible and remote working has become more popular over the last few years, with Cloud-based software making it easier than ever. With the current Coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19), many organisations are now asking staff to stay home. For some, this may be the first time they have worked from home.
In these Live Online Learning sessions, we will be focusing on essential skills to support you when working from home, such as how to focus and to keep your work/life balance. You can take all sessions, or just the ones most relevant to your role.
These two hour workshops are only available online. Please get in touch to discuss private group options.
About the Sessions
How to Work From Home
Whether you have regularly worked from home or you are working remotely for the first time due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this session will give you tips and advice for maintaining your productivity and an effective work/life balance.
What you will learn:
- Balancing work and home when they are in the same place
- Establishing your space and routine
- Being realistic about what you can achieve
- Exploring allowances with your team and colleagues
- Best way to communicate using computer, phone and email
- Avoid communication traps
- Eight tips for better email
- Regular check ins
- Establish boundaries with work colleagues and family members
Working Productively at Home
How do we make sure we are effective while working from home? This two-hour online session teaches simple tools and techniques to be more productive. It covers the key areas of email, focus, online meetings and mindset.
What you will learn:
- Get on top of your email. If everybody is working from home, email can expand hugely and swamp our work day. Learn techniques to keep it under control so you can focus on what matters.
- Good email practice
- 321zero: Limit your time in the Inbox
- Make it easy: Get subject line right, focused emails
- Using the 4Ds
- Be focused. The world is even more full of distractions when you are working at home. Learn techniques to become focused on what matters in your work:
- Get your priorities right: Eat 4 frogs
- The Pomodoro method: Focus your work
- Find your focus: Mini personal kanban
- Effective Online Meetings. Moving online could give the opportunity to move away from long, dull meetings to ones that are focused and effective.
- Use chat effectively
- Use shared documents to capture what everybody has to say
- Breakout rooms
- Mindset: Putting it into practice
- Whether you achieve this is all about mindset. What is the one thing you can change today?
Maintaining Your Wellbeing While Working at Home
This two-hour session will look at how you can maintain your wellbeing and mental health while working from home during these uncertain times. We will explore several techniques, including mindfulness, exercise and gratitude, as well as how to manage your stress levels.
What you will learn:
- Identifying stress and five steps for wellbeing at home
- What you already do well
- Identifying the body signs of stress
- Ideas to help to reduce stress
- Five steps that are proven to increase your wellbeing
- What it is
- A simple practice you can try out at home
- Ideas for further exploration
- Working with your thoughts
- Noticing how thoughts affect our wellbeing
- What to do about negative thinking
- Movement, Chimps and Gratitudes
- Understanding how simple movement at home can help (and the importance of exercise, when you can get it).
- Noticing our own ‘Chimps’ and how to bring them under control
- How ‘Gratitudes’ can increase happiness
- The effect of naming your emotions
Group Learning Events
Looking for a private group event for your team, or even your whole organisation?
We can organise a date that works for you, and we can tailor the content to your team. Our private workshops can be held online, inhouse at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London (following current government guidelines).
What are Happy's online events like?
In this short video, take a look at some of the ways that we create interactive, engaging experiences online using Zoom.
The Small Print
All learners will need to install Zoom on their machines. Full technical requirements are on the Zoom website. Your link will be included in your joining instructions once you have booked your place — if you haven't received this email then please contact our team.
Learners should log into the training session 10 minutes before the start time, to ensure that they have downloaded and set up Zoom correctly. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals.
Your active participation is expected: everyone will be heard and seen throughout, just as they would be if we were in a room together. To be heard, hear and seen you will need a microphone, speakers and camera — if you have a modern laptop that’s all you will need. Remember, you’ll need a quiet place to call from and a decent internet connection is a must.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Due to COVID-19, our public programme is currently only being held online through our Face-to-Face Live Online learning sessions. However, we are now able to offer classroom training sessions for private bookings. Please get in touch for more information, pricing and availability.
For the latest government guidance, please visit the gov.uk website.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will advise all clients if the situation changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to arrange some online training, our friendly team are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can leave a message on 020 7375 7300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testimonials from happy Learners
Trey Leonard4 days ago
Solid training. very helpful
Andy Evans6 days ago
The course was really useful â€“ thank you :)
Reeta Dass7 days ago
I enjoyed the course it was fun and interactive.
Roger Dawson7 days ago
very clear, excellent use of Zoom, enabling and empowering by making the management stuff uncomplicated and doable
Trusted Customer7 days ago
Good, good pace, good interaction,
Sally Giles14 days ago
The course was tailored to suit everyone's learning needs which was very good. The trainer delivered the course in a very interactive way which suits how I like to learn.
Sally Giles14 days ago
The trainer was excellent and knew just how to pace the course to suit everyone's learning capabilities.
Sallie Gregson14 days ago
Robert Bennett18 days ago
The course was well presented and great introduction to the capabilities of Power BI.
AM18 days ago
Happy Learning were very accommodating to consider our prior commitments and made adjustments around it to fit in with our needs. The tutor Ebiji at Excel Level 4 course ...
Kate McAleer26 days ago
Smooth experience and good quality training
Tsvetalina Petrova27 days ago
I like the way that the raining was done. Even though it was online there was a lot of interaction from the participants not only the tutor.