Case Study: School for Social Entrepreneurs (SSE)
Happy helped Alastair Wilson, the School for Social Entrepreneurs's CEO, to restructure his organisation to keep pace with growth. Happy facilitated three sessions for Alastair and the team, enabling them to plan their restructure, bring out and discuss any tricky issues, and move forward.
The benefits, as measured by the client
- SSE restructured, created three new teams, and devolved budgets for the first time
- The CEO now has time for external work, fundraising and governance
- Individual, team and organisational objectives are in place
- Directors forums were set up, where the five directors and CEO make decisions together
- The organisation has more focus, energy and leadership, and has just had a bumper season
The hallmarks of Happy, for me, are trust, generosity, maturity and experience. They are savvy and pragmatic, too. If you’re looking to re-structure, do it the Happy way – I can’t recommend it highly enough.Alastair Wilson, Chief Executive, School for Social Entrepreneurs
About the School for Social Entrepreneurs
The School for Social Entrepreneurs (SSE) provides training and support to help people use their entrepreneurial abilities for social benefit. They run courses that equip people to start, scale and strengthen organisations that make a positive difference. They were founded by Lord Michael Young in 1997, and have grown a network of schools across the UK, Canada and India.
Happy seems to be centuries ahead in leadership, how people can be best supported to work at their best. The story is inspirational but what is even more inspirational is their ability to share this knowledge so that their mantra of Happy can be experienced.Marcia Roswell-Joseph
Why choose Happy?
- Award-winning learner-focused approach
- Small class sizes to give personal one-to-one support
- Two years of free support after your course
- Private group options available
- No quibble money-back guarantee on all courses
What's it like to learn with Happy?
Be involved, engaged and challenged in our leadership programmes. In this video, Happy's Managing Director, Cathy Busani, delivers a session on Google’s Project Oxygen and the qualities of a great manager.
Give your leadership team the skills to create a happy and engaged workplace
We can create bespoke leadership programmes for your organisation. Whether you would like a programme over one-day or six months, your leadership team will learn the principles to create a work culture based on trust and empowerment.