Case Study: Positive East
Positive East were looking to empower all of their staff to successfully deliver a significant proportion of their services through their volunteers. Additionally we took the opportunity to help them review and reflect on what in their culture was working and what needed to change for Positive East to become a truly great place to work.
Happy’s approach was threefold. Firstly we created a bespoke online survey to benchmark the organisation at the start of the process. We then held a series of half-day workshops for all staff.
The sessions we facilitated covered:
- Building trust
- Creating a great place to work
- Active listening
- Effective coaching skills
- Giving constructive feedback
- Management by objectives.
The bespoke sessions we created were facilitated by Cathy Busani, Happy's Managing Director.
The six-week schedule of workshops which was our programme was fantastic as we were able to mix and match with colleagues who we don’t usually work with and it gave a new insight into the work that they do and their passions. This combined with the unique facilitation skill of Cathy has meant that we have returned to the office with new vigor and increased resolve to succeed.Alastair Thomson, Finance Director
Feedback from learners
- "Today has really made me reflective about my practice, more solutions focused and feeling less stuck about some issues" — Carmel Young
- "A great session that helped me to improve relationships with others in the work place … Brave and positive approach to dealing with difficulties and politics with an organisation … Excellent course and well facilitated. Thank you so much Cathy" — Matthew Walters
- "The world would be a better place if there were more Cathy’s and Happy’s in … Training at Happy is an inspirational experience" — Alastair Thomson
- "Overall, very revelatory and very relevant … This course has been something I want to tell everyone to do. It’s been enjoyable, constructive, useful and I hope effective. Brilliant trainer. Thanks Cathy" — Lynn Johnson
- "I think Cathy is an excellent facilitator and brings such a fantastic energy to the work she does — an inspiration." — Stewart Turnbull
- "Excellent facilitation, thank you and well done" — Rebecca Byekwaso
About Positive East
Positive East is a community based HIV charity with over 20 years of experience in providing practical and emotional support for people living with and affected by HIV in East London.
Why choose Happy?
- Award-winning learner-focused approach
- Small class sizes to give personal one-to-one support
- Two years of free support after your course
- Private group options available
- No quibble money-back guarantee on all courses
What's it like to learn with Happy?
Be involved, engaged and challenged in our leadership programmes. In this video, Happy's Managing Director, Cathy Busani, delivers a session on Google’s Project Oxygen and the qualities of a great manager.
Give your leadership team the skills to create a happy and engaged workplace
We can create bespoke leadership programmes for your organisation. Whether you would like a programme over one-day or six months, your leadership team will learn the principles to create a work culture based on trust and empowerment.