Case Study: Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University has a community of over 28,000 students, supported by 2,800 staff. Based in Leeds, they were founded almost 200 years ago. Happy’s IT skills team has worked with Leeds Beckett for several years - most recently, we have implemented a large scale roll out with online workshops to support their staff with using MS Teams.
"I would absolutely recommend Happy to any organisation looking to offer high quality Office 365 training. You’ll have access to a wide range of live sessions, guidance documents, resources and support - all with clear costs and value for money," says Chris Pickard, OD Adviser. "Anyone working with Happy will receive great customer service, and Happy will work in partnership to ensure your needs are listened to and met."
Happy offered support for a full roll out of MS Teams across the university, with a range of training opportunities and resources. While initially delivered face-to-face, the training sessions all had to be moved online due to the pandemic.
"The need for this was accelerated by the pandemic and remote working, but we were able to respond quickly to the immediate training needs of colleagues," explains Chris. "The move to online learning has proved effective, convenient and accessible, and will continue as part of a more blended learning approach going forward."
Bespoke and tailored MS Teams sessions to suit the university's needs
Happy worked closely with Chris and the team at Leeds Beckett (from all departments, including IT and academic colleagues) to combine our subject expertise with their specific university insight and knowledge to design bespoke sessions when needed.
"The support and customer service was always responsive and flexible. Happy tailored sessions and support to our specific needs, responding to feedback and adapting sessions accordingly.
"We also had bespoke team sessions and 1:1s, to discuss specific areas and requirements, and received ongoing support for our learners after the sessions.
"We had access to a range of facilitators to help meet demand for sessions, cover a range of dates and based on their particular expertise — but each one delivered sessions to the same high standard with the same level of positive feedback."
"Friendly, positive and knowledgeable"
Prior to the MS Teams roll out, Happy worked with Leeds Beckett with Excel training. We offered a clear approach with 3 levels to suit learner confidence and ability – Introduction, Intermediate and Advanced.
"These were more often than not fully booked, receiving great feedback and many colleagues followed the training through all three levels," says Chris.
"Whilst we have always had one main point of contact, we have always been able to get in touch with someone when needed. All the facilitators we have used have been fantastic to work with — friendly, positive and knowledgeable."
Feedback from learners
Here are just some of the comments we've received from learners following their sessions in MS Teams:
- "The facilitator was really clear and supportive. They explained everything really well and it was useful having the group set up so we could practice."
- "Really like that the trainer asked for virtual participation in MS Teams, allowing us to try out the functions as we went along."
- "A really useful and informative session. The facilitator was knowledgeable and provided a really clear delivery. There were lots of useful navigation tips, particularly relating to the different functions for Files. The tech worked well too. Thank you!"
- "It is a great refresher and introduction for someone who hasn't used Teams before. It was all really clearly explained and the presenter was very patient which makes the audience feel at ease and ask questions. Well-paced too."
- "Excellent session with plenty of interaction and the ability to ask questions. Lots of hints and tips with a knowledgeable, helpful and friendly presenter."
Why choose Happy?
- Award-winning learner-focused approach
- Small class sizes to give personal one-to-one support
- Two years of free support after your course
- Private group options available
- No quibble money-back guarantee on all courses
What's it like to learn online with Happy?
In this short video, Rachael explains how Happy makes our Live Online Learning IT programmes just as interactive and engaging as our classroom sessions.
We equip your people with the tools to work smarter
Whether in Oracle, Microsoft 365, SharePoint or your own bespoke software, we look after the whole process. We can develop your scalable end-user training strategy – stress-free.