Word Courses from Happy Computers in London
At Happy, we have been hearing from learners about the different ways you use Microsoft Word. Some of you create multiple documents, often with lots of dynamic content and formatting. Others need to focus on one really big project, such as an annual report or a dissertation, where document structure and multiple drafts are critical. The knowledge and skills you require in each scenario are very different.
Hi, we are Happy
We are leading a movement to create happy, empowered and productive workplaces.
How can we help you and your people to find joy in at least 80% of your work?
Choose your course; maximise your productivity
Because we know you use Word in such different ways, Happy has introduced two new, highly focused Word courses. You can now choose your course to meet your specific needs.
- If you produce long documents, like an annual report or a white paper, perhaps in collaboration with others, then check out Word Core Level 2 – Long Documents and Reports.
- If you work on a more dynamic range of documents, where features like templates and mail merge are most important, then Word Core Level 2 – Communication Tools is the course for you.
Because both courses are more specialised than our previous Core Level 2 programme, you will be able to concentrate on the features that are most relevant to your work. You’ll cover everthing you need and nothing you don’t. We believe that by tailoring your learning like this, you’ll maximise your productivity when you return to your workplace. Scroll down to pick the right course for you.
Word Core Level 2 – Long Documents and Reports
Whether you are working on an Annual Report for work, or a dissertation for your degree, Word Core Level 2 – Long Documents and Reports is for you. Word has some great long document tools, but they are not the most intuitive. Let us help you unlock those features to create clear, attractive long form documents in less time. With a big focus on Styles, the course includes:
- No more scrolling – click straight to the section you want to work on using Table of Contents
- Make the most of Headers and Footers, Page Numbers and Section Breaks
- Illustrate your key points with sophisticated graphics, including diagrams, charts and graphs
- Collaborate more effectively and see who changed what with Track Changes
- Brighen up your bibliography and refresh your references with Reference Styles
For details, click here!
Word Core Level 2 – Communication Tools
The second of our new courses, Word Core Level 2 – Communication Tools, takes the hassle out of working with more dynamic content. You’ll be creating punchy, personalised communications and clear, concise documents in no time. The course includes:
- Cut down on typing and speed through repetitive documents with Templates and Building Blocks / Autotext
- Fine tune your formatting and maintain consistency in every document using Styles
- Make best use of Headers and Footers in shorter documents and up your impact with pictures and diagrams
- Personalise your letters and emails with Mail Merge in Word and Outlook – no more BCC!
For details, click here!
Please note, for both courses, you should be confident in creating, saving and finding Word documents as well as entering, formatting and editing text. If you are not at that level yet, you will need to complete Word Core Level 1 first.
Why not sign up to our newsletter?
Sign up to our monthly newsletter, full of tips, tricks and news to help you to be happier and more productive at work.
Testimonials from happy Customers
Anita Craig2 days ago
Excellent Service. Exciting opportunities, easy access and engaging sessions.
Catherine O'Connell2 days ago
Technology worked well and the training was well organised.
Trusted Customer2 days ago
Trusted Customer3 days ago
Excellent opportunity to pick up some top tips and hear challenges and solutions from colleagues
Trusted Customer3 days ago
All good :)
Mark Barsby3 days ago
The course content was just right and amended to suit cohort requirements. The instructor was extremely experienced and delivered the subject excellently.
Monica Inkpen4 days ago
People centre approached to training. A style that helps training go beyond the classroom.
Julie Hill4 days ago
The two half-days were really informative and Mike managed to get good participation levels from everyone in the group despite the Zoom medium. There was a lot to take in...
Trusted Customer4 days ago
The trainer spoke very clearly and was patient. She kept the group moving together and explained if unable to follow. I liked the idea of keeping conversations neatly u...
Beth Farminer4 days ago
Every course with Happy is a really great experience with a lot of takeaways, good conversations, the ability to learn from other audience members and real life applicati...
Rupert Bolger4 days ago
A very well run course
Ashan Abeywardena4 days ago
this is my second training at happy. i enjoyed the previous one very much, but this one seemed a bit too vague and less useful