Everything You Need to Know About Attending Training Online
We are looking forward to welcoming you to your upcoming online course with us!
We want your experience with us to go as smoothly as possible on the day. Here is everything you need to know about our online training sessions.
You will be engaging with real people throughout and, we want to see and hear you, so please be prepared to share video and audio.
Here are our top tips for joining our online training sessions, to get the best out of the session:
- Join us from your own internet-connected device, preferably a laptop or desktop computer rather than a phone or tablet. One person, one device.
- If you are joining one of our IT sessions, you will need to have the software installed on the machine you are using before the course starts. You may also find it helpful to have a second monitor to follow along with the session, although this is not a requirement — as long as you can switch between application windows (Teams / Zoom and the software you're being trained on).
- Join us from a quiet place, which is not shared with other participants on the session.
- You do not need any specialist software or to have used Zoom or MS Teams before. The link we have sent you is all you need. If it’s your first time using the software, we recommend joining the session 10 minutes before the start time to make sure that it is correctly installed and set up. The first time you join, there is a widget to download to your device at the start that you'll need to accept.
- Video — Have your webcam on, we want to connect with you. Please don’t worry about how you look or the state of your background! We are all working with what is possible right now rather than what might be perfect.
- Audio — For the best sound use a headset with microphone and a USB connection, but your mobile phone headphones plugged into your device audio work really well too. If you don’t have either of these then you can use the sound on your device but you will need to be somewhere quiet!
- Make sure you log out of your VPN remote desktop connection before joining. This is to ensure you can use the microphone and speakers of your machine while connected on Zoom. This is necessary whether you are using a headset or headphones or not.
- Note taking — have a pen and paper handy so you can take notes.
What are Happy's online events like?
In this short video, take a look at some of the ways that we create interactive, engaging experiences online using Zoom.
Testimonial from happy customers
Lynda Marshall6 days ago
Really informative and easy to follow instructions.
Philip Abraham7 days ago
The exercises were really well designed and interesting. I learnt a lot, and am looking forward to part 2.
Hannah Wilson15 days ago
I really enjoyed the training.
Trusted Customer18 days ago
Clear and concise training
Esther Dibiaocha22 days ago
Very good and educative. Quite interactive with so much to learn in a day.
Trusted Customer22 days ago
Sometimes I felt it was going too fast. Otherwise excellent training. I would definitely recommend Happy
Claire22 days ago
Excellent course, good balance of participation - would highly recommend
Anna Whitton26 days ago
Well organised, effective training offer delivered in a good environment. We are already using the tools that we learnt
Ketsela Betru26 days ago
I took two online trainings : Stress Management for Managers and Resilience and Wellbeing at work by your organization. The trainings were lead by Mr Paul. In both cases,...
Trusted Customer26 days ago
We were told that we could ask questions after the training. I did ask a question, but I didn't hear back. Now that it's taking so long to reply, I fear that I am forgett...
Trusted Customer26 days ago
I was kept engaged through out and there was lots of opportunity to ask questions and practice what I was learning. I feel more confident now.
Cheryl Browne28 days ago
Everything from the welcome, the venue and the course delivery was of an excellent quality.