- Introductions and personal objectives
- Understand the benefits and importance of managing performance effectively and the consequences if you don’t
- Understand how the performance management cycle should work
- Use listening and coaching skills to ensure that you understand the other person and to encourage them to take responsibility
- Identify the key steps needed for regular, constructive feedback to be effective and motivating
- Identify what needs recording and what doesn’t
- Identify how appraisals and development planning contribute to a person’s success
- Understand what is needed for a quality appraisal
- Discuss how to handle tricky appraisals
- Identify how to set measurable and effective short and long term objectives with clear accountabilities
- Identify how to ensure you retain the talent in your team and develop each individual’s skills and strengths through planned career development
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Your Course Trainers
Nicole has been with Happy for more than 10 years. An experienced and versatile trainer and facilitator, her specialties cover Train-the-Trainer, presentation skills, networking, conflict resolution, leadership and management training and career development.
I am an associate trainer for the LVSC and Happy People Ltd. I have worked as a management trainer and consultant for the last 10 years specialising in strategic planning, management and leadership and performance management.
Nicky has been a senior facilitator for over 16 years. Her leadership purpose is to support people to reach their full potential, and this has driven her internally as part of Happy’s senior leadership team. It has enabled her, through her work every day with clients, to facilitate senior leadership programmes and personal development events. Nicky also has a proven track record at leading on large projects and inspiring others as a speaker at conferences.