Learners must have used Excel before and be familiar with creating basic formulas, Autofilling them through rows or columns and using Absolute Cell References (e.g. $B$4) to refer to fixed figures – like VAT or performance targets – that apply to everyone in a list.
What You Will Learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Create formulas using time, time formats
- Manually create a range name to refer to a cell, for example ‘Vat’ rather than B2
- Paste special, Copy part of your Excel spreadsheet to a Word document and have any changes made in Excel updated in the Word document
- Use functions such as average, minimum and maximum to create statistical information
- Use Conditional Formatting to automatically change the look of cells depending on their value
- Create a calculation based on a condition. e.g. add a £10 bonus to all staff who have achieved results above target
- Count entries IF they meet a condition. e.g. count the number of customers who live in Leeds
- Create and work on more than one worksheet and group them to make changes simultaneously
- Use the Consolidate feature to summarise multiple sheets of data. Link formulas across Worksheets
- Protect your data from deletions or changes
- Create a basic Pivot Table to summarise large sets of data easily
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Your Course Trainers
Ed has been an IT trainer with Happy for nearly 11 years. His favourite package is Excel - which he trains to advanced level. He is also the new IT Helpline Manager (when he's not training).
Rachael is the Happy Computers Product Development Manager, as well as being our lead IT trainer. She is responsible for making sure all our courses are of the highest quality.