Facilitating Groups Effectively
This two-day workshop will consider how groups work, different types of groups, how to draw out ideas and insights from the group, observing and analysing behaviours, and managing difficult groups.
It has been designed for anyone who wishes to hold a structured event or series of events for a fixed number of people. Experience can be from zero to a few years. This workshop looks at the preparation, structure and useful ways to engage people, as well as how to handle difficult behaviour.
What you will learn
On this two-day facilitation workshop, you will learn how to:
- Understand the qualities needed to be an effective facilitator
- Identify and develop the methods and tools used in facilitating groups
- Understand the nature of group processes
- Help groups achieve their goals
- Preparation before the meeting
- Understanding styles of groups
- What makes a good meeting
- Negotiating boundaries
- Breaking old habits
- Preparing to succeed
- Managing the meeting
- Difficult behaviours
- Putting it all into practice
Suzy Cornwell Ball99 days ago
nice pace briliant trainer all resources thought of in advancee
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
Why choose Happy?
- Award-winning learner-focused approach
- Small class sizes to give personal one-to-one support
- Two years of free support after your course
- Private group options available
- No quibble money-back guarantee on all courses
The small print
The 12 workshops in this 12-month programme will run from 10am to 1pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.