The Happy Workplace Senior Leadership Programme
A happy workplace leads to greater productivity and tangible business results. This programme is about placing people at the heart of what you and your managers do.
You will learn how to create an agile and responsive business with clear values and principles, and enable your managers to build high performing teams that work to their strengths and to a common goal.
What you will learn
Based on our own practical experience at Happy, and learning from some of the world’s great workplaces (like Google and WL Gore), it will enable you to become a leader that people would choose to be led by. It will give you the personal insight and practical leadership and management skills to create a high performing team.
This programme is aimed at senior leaders and directors in organisations. Our CEO Programme has been specifically designed for CEOs, while our Happy Workplace Programme is designed for those with line management responsibility.
Our programme will help you become the best leader you can be within the context of your professional role. It will increase your ability to lead through others with confidence, and extend your range of capabilities, through a deeper understanding of yourself and your impact on others.
- Become a credible leader that inspires trust
- Discover how to enable greater trust and autonomy for your managers and through them
- Build high performing teams that work to their strengths
- Establish the strategy and vision that your business needs
- Ensure high levels of accountability, enabling people to deliver high quality on time
Detailed programme outline
Day One: You as a Leader
- The core of an effective culture
- Understand when people work at their best and ensure your team of managers are enabling their teams
- Who you are as a leader and your leadership attitude
- Build trust and credibility in order to enhance your ability to deliver through others
- Develop your Emotional Intelligence
- Identify your personal communication style and the impact this can have for your team and their teams
You will be excited about your leadership role, with a clear understanding of how to improve the personal effectiveness of yourself and your team.
Day Two: You as a Manager
- Create a Multiplier ethos and culture
- Actively listen – getting to know your people as individuals
- Learn the key skills to coaching and create a coaching culture
- Empower your people to solve their own challenges and empower their teams
- Learn the basis of positive and constructive feedback
- Creating a culture of 1 to 1’s
You will understand how to create an organisational culture where people can fulfil their potential.
Day Three: Freedom within Guidelines
- Learn about your strengths and embed a culture of everyone working to their strengths
- Discover how to enable greater trust and autonomy for your people, knowing when to step in and when to step out, and the guidelines you need to create to set the framework
Discover how to put in place the structures and practical steps to create a truly great workplace.
Day Four: Setting your Team up to Succeed
- Ensure you and your teams are recruiting people with the attitude to succeed
- Set a vision and strategy for you and your team and the steps to achieve it
- Summary of programme
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
Get the right people into your business and set them up to succeed and be bold in their work.
Our approach to programme delivery
Every programme is designed to ensure complete individual involvement and participation, it will stimulate your thinking and challenge you. The key focus is on practical skills and real outcomes throughout. The content will involve an innovative and engaging blend of activities so that you can directly apply it to your current performance and your future success.
The four days are spread over six months to ensure it has a real impact and you get the chance to embed what you learn. The first three events will each be four weeks apart with the final workshop day three months later. It will include pre-course work, and action in-between the days.
Why choose the Happy Workplace Leadership Programme?
- Discover and fulfil your potential
- Enable work cultures based on trust and freedom
- Learn best practice from the truly great workplaces
- Be involved, engaged and challenged
- Learn practical skills to apply straight away
Trusted Customer28 days ago
The course was well planned, well delivered and full of really interesting content.
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
What's it like to learn with Happy?
Be involved, engaged and challenged in our leadership programmes. In this video, Happy's Managing Director, Cathy Busani, delivers a session on Google’s Project Oxygen and the qualities of a great manager.
The Small Print
Each day of the course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (hot buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.