Managing for the First Time
Stepping up and becoming a manager requires a new attitude and skill set. Set yourself up to succeed with this two-day introduction training course to help you understand what makes a great manager and the practical steps you can take to make it happen.
Public Sector Price£890*
Charity < 15 Staff£490*
Charity 16-30 Staff£690*
Charity 31+ Staff£890*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size13 approx.
This two-day course has been designed for team leaders and supervisors, junior or new managers, and future managers. If you are a more experienced manager, you may find the four-day Happy Workplace Programme to be more appropriate.
What you will learn
- Gain confidence in your management approach
- Focus on helping people achieve their best work
- Build your personal credibility and trust within your team
- Hold effective one-to-one meetings with your team members
- Build positive relationship building with team members
- Encourage teams to take ownership of work
- The ability to adapt your approach to the individual and the situation
- People working at their best
- Creating true job ownership
- Setting boundaries
- Building your credibility as a manager
- Identify the key behaviours that build trust with your team
- Effective one-to-one meetings
- Communication that builds relationships
- Active Listening for great working relationships
- Simple coaching skills to encourage responsibility within your team
- Positive and constructive feedback
- Feedback in practice
- Using the situational leadership model to decide the best approach for an individual
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
This two-day workshop has been designed for team leaders and supervisors, junior or new managers, and future managers. If you are a more experienced manager, you may find the four-day Happy Workplace Programme to be more appropriate.
What's it like to learn with Happy?
Be involved, engaged and challenged in our leadership programmes. In this video, Happy's Managing Director, Cathy Busani, delivers a session on Google’s Project Oxygen and the qualities of a great manager.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (hot buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.