Working with a Self-Hosted WordPress Website
This fast-paced intensive WordPress training course is designed for anyone who has been given responsibility for maintaining a website at work that is built using this kind of Content Management System. It is also suitable for anyone who would like to create a website for their own business that wants to have their own Domain Name (eg. www.happy.co.uk)
What you will learn
This fast-paced training course will give you confidence in building and maintaining a WordPress-based website. In addition to being able to add and edit content such as text, images and video, you will be able to change the way the site looks and the way it operates.
Session 1 — Introduction to WordPress and CMS Concepts
- Selecting a good Hosting Provider
- Installing WordPress using CPanel
- Installing Updates
- General and Reading Settings
Session 2 — Introduction to WordPress Themes
- Selecting and Installing Themes
- Basic Theme options using the Customise menu
- Blog Posts
- Adding Content
- Adding Media (images/video)
- Publishing Options
Session 3 — Creating Pages
- Choosing Templates
- Adding Content
- Adding Media
- Parent/Child Pages
- Reading Settings
- Creating and placing Menus
Session Four — WordPress Plugins and Widgets
- Selecting and Installing Plugins
- SEO Plugins
- Contact Form Plugins
- Adding Widgets to Widget areas in a Theme
Session Five — WordPress Administration
- Important Settings
- Moderating Comments
- Adding Users and Responsibilities
- Installing Key Updates
Session Six — Going under the Hood
- Basic introduction to the code WordPress uses
- Viewing the Theme Templates
- Viewing the Theme Editor
- Changing Font Styles in the Theme Editor using CSS
- Selecting the most appropriate Theme for your Website
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
Trusted Customer27 days ago
fine did not like the venue
The Small Print
The course runs 9:30am to 5:15pm (hot buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9:15am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 20 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions