Sage Line 50 Essentials
This course has been designed for people needing to use Sage Line 50 to record their accounts, or who are upgrading from an earlier version of Sage. Delegates should have previous experience of accounts and book-keeping to Trial Balance at least.
The module used will be Financial Controller, but it would also be suitable for users of Accountant or Accountant Plus. Users of Sage Instant could also attend, but they should bear in mind that there will be some small differences in the features.
What you will learn
By the end of this one-day Sage Line 50 course, you will be able to:
- Plan a chart of accounts to produce reports in the format you will need
- Set up customer and supplier records, and process invoices to them
- Deal with receipts and payments, bank, cash and credit card transaction
- Process accruals and pre-payments
- Produce standard financial management reports
- Complete a VAT return
- Reconcile your bank account
- Introduction and initialisation
- Setting your preferences and security
- Using the Charts of Accounts and nominal codes
- Setting up customer and supplier records
- Creating and processing sales invoices
- Processing purchase
- Processing customer receipts and supplier payments
- Processing Bank Payments and Receipts
- Petty Cash
- Month End
- Nominal Reports
- Trial Balance
- Completing your VAT return
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
This course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes) on both days. Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions