Introduction to Social Media Marketing (Intensive Course)
Social media is a great way to raise brand awareness of your organisation! It gives your organisation a voice, a place to showcase your work and it allows you to start conversations directly with both your customers and users. Plus, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter are all free to use – it just costs your time. But with so many organisations using social networks these days, how can you stand out from the crowd and get your voice heard?
By the end of this one-day intensive course, you will understand the potential of social media and will know how to make the most of these opportunities.
Session 1: The Basics of Social Media Marketing
- Why Social Media Marketing?
- Using social media to connect with and expand your customer base
- Creating a social media policy and a plan
- What is compelling, sharable content
- Building customer relationships
- Tools to assess your social media success
Session 2: Instagram
- About Instagram
- Editing your profile
- Finding and following other users
- Taking photos and videos
- Using filters on your photos
- Sharing photos on Instagram
- Building connections by liking and commenting on photos
- Tagging photos
- Setting up a business account
Session 3: Twitter
- What is Twitter and how to use it
- How Twitter can be useful to you
- Understanding the jargon: Tweets, hashtags, retweets, etc…
- Using Twitter search to find information
- Editing your profile
- Finding and following other Twitter users
- Posting and deleting a Tweet
- Sharing weblinks and photos
- How to manage your Twitter account and build your number of followers
- Be aware of what you say – what not to say about work and colleagues
- Touching on social media management
Session 4: LinkedIn
- About LinkedIn
- Creating an awesome LinkedIn profile
- Setting up a public profile and profile URL
- Finding and adding connections
- Networking via LinkedIn
- Giving and requesting recommendations
- Reading, sending and managing messages
- Finding and using LinkedIn Groups
- Following companies and influencers
- Exploring the feed
- Publishing articles
- Setting up your privacy
- Different account types
Session 5: Your Social Media Strategy
- Your strategic plan
- Creating a Social Media calendar
- Tools to manage your Social Media presence
- Monitoring your campaigns
- Next steps
After the Course
In order to consolidate learning and maximise the investment in training, learners should put their newly acquired skills into practice as soon as possible.
You may also be interested in our Introduction to Adobe Photoshop one-day course to become confident in using the essential features of Photoshop to edit and manipulate images and create simple graphics and pictures for social media.
Intensive Courses from Happy
Intensive courses have been created specifically for those who need to learn a great deal of content at a faster pace. Each one is focused on increasing your productivity, and building a substantial expertise in just a single day. These courses will be longer, faster and more intensive than a standard classroom course. If you can keep up, the rewards will definitely be worth the effort.
Need help? Call us on020 7375 7300
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The small print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (hot buffet lunch 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.