Introduction to SharePoint
SharePoint Libraries are a fantastic way to share your files across teams. All files are based in the Cloud, and can be accessed anywhere via desktop, mobile and tablet – making it the perfect solution for organisations with remote workers and for keeping your files safe, secure and backed up.
This two-day course has been designed to give you an indepth knowledge of SharePoint and managing your files in the Cloud. We’ll take you through the basics of using the Microsoft Portal, right through to setting up a SharePoint Library and creating a new, more flexible approach to file storage with Meta data.
What you will learn
This course will deal with using SharePoint as a Library. It will take you through from the basics of using the Microsoft portal, right through to setting up a library and thinking through a new, more flexible approach to file storage using Metadata.
Session One: Key Features
- Create and edit documents using web apps
- Check and add a 365 account to desktop applications and create documents
- Edit documents in desktop apps
- Create new folders
- Upload documents using the web page
- Share documents/folders
- Sync onedrive with laptop
- Upload documents using synced folder
- Repair OneDrive
Session Two: Working in an existing SharePoint library
- When a SharePoint Library is more appropriate to use than OneDrive
- Navigating sites, pages and lists
- Viewing an item in a list
- Adding, editing and deleting a list item
- Checking files in and out
- Navigating Libraries
- Sorting, filtering and searching Libraries
- Creating and editing files using the web app
- Creating and editing files using the desktop apps
- Uploading documents
- Using views
Session Three: More advanced features and using Meta data
- Metadata v folders
- Create a custom list
- Add columns
- Column options
- Add a list item with Meta data
- Create a view
- Create a custom list from an Excel database
Session Four: Workshop
A chance to use any remaining time scoping your project with support from your trainer.
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
Trusted Customer2 days ago
The Small Print
This course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (hot buffet lunch 1pm to 1:45pm) on both days. Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions