Intermediate Excel Level 2: Charts in Detail
Communicating the story in your data can often be more challenging than the analysis itself. Deciding which charts will best communicate with your audience and then producing them quickly and efficiently should be easy and quick. However, for many of us, it can frequently become a frustrating and time-consuming challenge that leaves us feeling exhausted and dissatisfied with the results.
On this one-day course, we will help you to identify what type of chart will best communicate your message, and how to transform them from an ambiguous image to show clear information with trend lines. Finally, you will learn how to arrange these charts onto a Dashboard to provide a clear overview of your data.
What you will learn
In this one-day Excel course you will learn how to use a selection of chart types in Excel to display data graphically.
In particular, after completing this course you will be able to:
- Decide on the best chart type to use for your data
- Change the chart type of an existing chart
- Add a new data series to a chart after the chart has been created
- Add gridlines to make it easier to read the values
- Add data labels to place the names and values to each data series
- Add a secondary axis
- Add titles, legends and axis labels to charts
- Create a range of different chart types
- Create basic Pivot Charts
- Arrange your charts on a Dashboard
What charts “Say”:
- Looking at chart components and chart types
Creating charts in Excel:
- Charts with Chart Wizard
- Moving and resizing charts
- Changing the data source
- Changing the plot direction
- Changing the location of the chart
- Changing background colours
- Adding chart titles
- Formatting text objects.
Other chart types and when to use them, including:
- Treemap and sunburst
- Box and whisker
Using advanced chart features:
- Changing axis
- Formatting gridlines
- Adding data labels
- Adding a secondary axis
- Adding a trendline
- User-defined charts.
Interactive charts with lists and Pivot Charts:
- Using and creating Lists
- Creating a chart from a list
- Using and creating Pivot Tables
- Looking at reports, changing the layout
- Creating a Pivot Chart report
- Creating a Filtered Pivot Chart.
- Dashboard: Putting your charts together on a Dashboard
Which Excel course is right for you?
Making sure you’ve booked the right course isn’t always easy.
Luckily we have a handy survey to help you decide.
And if you’re still unsure, call our friendly team on 020 7375 7300 and we’ll help you work out what you need.
Emma Morgan116 days ago
Just the info I needed, great
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions