Intermediate Access: Queries and Reports
By the end of this intermediate level course, you will be confident in using Access to create more advanced queries and reports. For example, creating calculations and statistical information and improving the layout of your reports.
What you will learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Create queries that prompt you for specific information. For example, set one up to ask ‘Which department do you want to see?’
- Create queries that group information together and then count the number in that group
- Add up numerical information and create statistical analysis of this
- Import information from an Excel spreadsheet into a table
- Create queries to delete, update and add information in a table
- Create a report with calculations
- Improve the layout of your reports. For example, changing and adding standard text, aligning and formatting information
- Create a report with a running total. For example, show how much you have spent on training after each course attended is added
- Parameter Queries
- Grouping and Counting
- Using Sum
- Calculated Fields
- Importing Tables from Excel
- Delete, Update and Append Action Queries
- Reports using the Wizard and Creating Calculations
- Editing Text in a Report
- Reports within Reports
- Reports with a Running Total
Group Learning Events
If you have three or more learners, a private group course could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the training at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions
Did you know...
...we also have a range of different level courses in Access?
These include beginner and advanced courses that run across two-days as well as the one day Fast Track Essentials course, which is designed for self taught Access users at a basic level.
Beginner Access Core Level 1 for anyone who has never used Access before. Find out more.
Advanced Access Core Level 3 to enable you to be confident in creating a user-friendly and automated database. Find out more.