Expert Excel Core Level 4
Formulas and Functions are the key to getting work done in Excel. If you are experienced in Excel but need to start building more complex calculations this one-day course will help you to deepen your understanding.
By the end of this expert level course, you will feel more confident problem-solving in Excel. For example, you will be able to create advanced Range Names and will be able to create 'LOOKUPs' that can return the value of a cell in a table based on the column and row number by using INDEX and MATCH. You will also learn how to solve problems in fewer steps than with traditional formulas with array functions.
Public Sector Price£250*
- *Excluding VAT
Class size8 approx.
Learners must already feel confident creating and nesting formulas (e.g. Ifs and ANDs) and be able to use named ranges instead of cell references in formulas.
What you will learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Cross reference information from specific rows and columns in a table using INDEX and MATCH
- Make your Lookups and Indexes more powerful using other functions such as, INDIRECT, MATCH
- Use the Formula Evaluator to make it easier to fix errors
- Create and use Dynamic Range names to ensure that functions continue to reference new data
- Using Arrays in Non-Array Formulas
- Basic and Logical Array Formulas
- Workshop, consolidating nesting functions and problem solving in Excel. Including Dependent Data Validation Lists using Indrect, Nesting and Using Dynamic Range Names
- Recap, IFs with AND and OR
- Nesting functions (VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH, INDIRECT)
- Advanced Range names
- Scope Range Names
- Dynamic Range Names using the Offset function
- Using Arrays in Non Array Formulas
- Basic Array Formulas
- Logic in Array Formula
- Using the skills learnt today in other ways
- Practice of problem solving in Excel with nested functions and Dynamic Named Ranges
- Enhancing your Data Validation using the INDRECT function
Which Excel course is right for you?
Making sure you’ve booked the right course isn’t always easy.
Luckily we have a handy survey to help you decide.
And if you’re still unsure, call our friendly team on 020 7375 7300 and we’ll help you work out what you need.
Group Learning Events
If you have three or more learners, a private group course could be cheaper.
We can tailor the content to your team, and host the training at your workplace or here at Happy's HQ in Aldgate, Central London.
Emma Morgan186 days ago
Just the info I needed, great
What is it like to learn with Happy?
Our facilitators make learning interactive and fun. In this video, Maureen delivers a session on Formulas and Functions in Excel at Happy's HQ in London.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions
Did you know...
......working on complicated functions can be simplified by using Array Formulas?
An array is a collection of more than one item. Excel's array formulas perform operations on multiple values instead of single values. The terminology around array formulas is a bit complicated, but array formulas themselves can be very simple.
Want to learn more about formulae and functions, and other Excel features? See our specialised courses below:
Expert Excel Level 4: Formulae and Functions to enable you to fix formulas and use Statistical and Logical functions. Find out more
Advanced Excel Pivot Tables: From Data to Dashboard to enable you to summarise and display useful and relevant information. Find out more
Advanced Excel: Analysing Excel Data for Better Business Decisions to enable you to use techniques that range from speedy analysis to setting up complex automated dashboards. Find out more