Beginner PowerPoint Core Level 1
This beginner level course will leave you feeling confident in using the essential features of PowerPoint to create and alter simple presentation slides.
It’s perfect if you have never used PowerPoint before, or if you haven’t used PowerPoint in a long time and are feeling a bit rusty.
What you will learn
By the end of this beginner one-day PowerPoint course, you will be able to:
- Create and save a new presentation.
- View your presentation in different ways.
- View the master slide and make changes that are reflected throughout the entire presentation.
- Change the background colour and colour scheme for an existing template.
- Add pictures to your presentation.
- Use the drawing tools to add shapes or to create your own pictures.
- Enhance your presentation by adding special effects to your slides, text and pictures.
- What is PowerPoint
- Creating a New Presentation
- Understanding normal view
- Adding text to slides
- Adding new slides
- Moving around
- Outline View
- Adding Speaker’s notes
- Slide Sorter View
- Design Templates
- Changing the Colour Scheme and Background
- Master Slides
- Formatting Text
- Changing the Bullets
- Page Setup
- Inserting ClipArt
- Using the ClipArt Toolbar
- Drawing on your Slides
- Using WordArt
- Slide Show View
- Slide Transition
- Animation Effects
Which PowerPoint course is right for you?
Making sure you’ve booked the right course isn’t always easy.
Luckily we have a handy survey to help you decide.
And if you’re still unsure, call our friendly team on 020 7375 7300 and we’ll help you work out what you need.
Trusted Customer154 days ago
Rachel was an excellent trainer and so patient!
What is it like to learn with Happy?
In this short video, Nicky explains what you will learn while on this course.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (lunch is served 1pm to 1:45pm — we offer a choice of 3 cold bowl dishes). Please be careful to arrive by 9:45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your post-course support package
- 2 years of free access to our IT Helpline
- Unlimited access - call or email our team as often as you need
- Ask about any content covered on your course
- Included in the price of our training sessions
Did you know...
...we also run a series of presentation skills workshops?
If you know how to use PowerPoint, do you have the skills and confidence to deliver your presentation? Or do you know how to design great looking slides for your presentation that are also effective?
Our two presentation skills courses will help, covering these additional areas to make your PowerPoint presentations really shine!
Engaging PowerPoint Presentations to enable you to create great presentation slides. Find out more
Expert Presentation Skills (2 day) to enable you to present to any audience with confidence. Find out more