What You Will Learn
The course will enable you to:
- Set clear objectives for your presentation
- Choose and apply the appropriate structure, style and strategy to plan and deliver their presentation
- Understand and utilise a range of skills and techniques to make their presentation more effective
- Deliver a presentation clearly and competently
Please bring along a 10 minute pre-prepared presentation, with handouts on any subject of your choice ready to deliver at the start of the programme to the other participants.
- Practice delivering your pre-prepared presentation and receive feedback on what you did well and what could be even better
- Identify what makes a great presentation
- Ensure you have clear purpose for every presentation
- Identifying a through-line for your presentation
- Structure a presentation effectively
- Discover Guy Kawasaki’s 10,20, 30 rule for PowerPoint presentations and avoid ‘death by PowerPoint’
- Recognise the power of stories and practice telling your own stories
- Ensure your non-verbal communication and body language back up your message
- Deliberately choose your body language to boost your credibility or approachability as required
- Handling nerves and using your body language to boost your confidence
- Using pauses and intonation to emphasise your message
- Discover practical tips for involving and engaging your audience
- Identify how to make your presentation memorable
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainers
Janet has a background in psychology and has been working as a freelance trainer since 2004. She joined the team at Happy in 2010.
Frances is a management and communication skills trainer and executive coach, with 30 years experience of working in the public, private and voluntary sectors. Frances has a level 7 certificate in executive coaching and leadership mentoring with the Institute of Leadership and Management and a certificate in training practice with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Frances uses training, coaching and facilitation techniques to create a supportive, empowering and interactive learning environment, enabling participants to develop the skills and confidence they need to maximise their own and their organisation’s potential.
Paul Gapper is a Masters qualified trainer with experience in interpersonal skills, work skills and management training. He has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for over fifteen years. Paul has a Distinction in the Institute of Personnel Development Training Certificate and the teacher-training certificate for Mindfulness-Based Approaches from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.