Happy HQ, 3rd Floor, 9 Alie Street, London E1 8DE
What You Will Learn
- Introductions and personal objectives
- Learn about how our minds often operate in automatic pilot, creating habitual patterns of behaviour
- Try a simple body scan
- Look at how pleasant and unpleasant events such as stress and anger are experienced in the body and the effect it can have on your judgement.
- Understand the importance of the breath as an anchor for present experience, and participated in a mindful meditation.
- Understand the gap between thoughts, feeling, and behaviour; and the opportunity for choice.
- Try out an exercise in the development of compassion for self and others
- Learn a simple meditation exercise that can be used at any time
- Action plan beyond today
Happy were very accommodating with the dates for the course, and it was great that two of my colleagues could come along too. The group of attendees on the course were all very positive and there to get the best out of the day, everyone was happy and open to share ideas and experiences. I took a lot away from the day but the one piece that I use on a regular basis is the ‘slice of joy’ 🙂 We have also trialled the body scan process at our management away day to share the best practice of living in the moment.
I have always found all the trainers at Happy lively, knowledgeable, the team there are all very friendly and welcoming and a great place to learn.”
– Amanda Elphick, Huntingdonshire District Council
The small print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainer
Paul Gapper is a Masters qualified trainer with experience in interpersonal skills, work skills and management training. He has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for over fifteen years. Paul has a Distinction in the Institute of Personnel Development Training Certificate and the teacher-training certificate for Mindfulness-Based Approaches from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.