What You Will Learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Identify the common characteristic of good and bad presentations
- Break free from restrictive use of PowerPoint
- Identify why bullet points get in the way of effective presentations
- Simplify your presentation to make it more effective
- Use techniques, like 30-20-10 and the rule of 10, that clarify your slides
- Recognise the importance of audience involvement
- Use questions to stimulate audience reaction
- Be confident in creating involvement
- Use story telling to increase the appeal to the audience
- Take old presentations and transform them to be to be simpler and clearer
Please note that this course does not teach PowerPoint features, but instead how to use your slides in a more engaging way so that your presentation is memorable and effective. If you would like to learn how to use PowerPoint, please take a look at our range of PowerPoint training courses. If you would like to learn how to deliver a better presentation, please see our Effective Presentation Skills workshop.Book now
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
THE HAPPY GUARANTEE
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainer
Henry Stewart is founder and Chief Executive Office of London-based training business Happy Ltd. Happy was rated one of the top 20 workplaces in the UK for 5 successive years and now helps other organisations create happy workplaces. In 2011 Henry was listed in the Guru Radar of the Thinkers 50 list of the most influential business thinkers in the world. "He is one of the thinkers who we believe will shape the future of business", explained list compiler Stuart Crainer. His book, The Happy Manifesto, was published by Kogan Page in January 2013.