Happy HQ, 3rd Floor, 9 Alie Street, London E1 8DE
What You Will Learn
This course has recently been updated in line with the latest ideas and time management techniques – so you have more time for the things you really want to do.
- To identify what you already do well and could do differently
- To prioritise: strategies for deciding what will give you the biggest return at work and at home
- The importance of taking time to reflect
- Tips for working with telephone calls and handling email like a millionaire
- How to have more productive meetings
- The importance of valuing yourself and how to say no
- Tips for delegation
- Dan Pink’s ‘When?’ Are you a lark, an owl or a third bird?
- How to work with procrastination
- Principals of time management
- Identifying your values and priorities
- How to decide what is urgent/not urgent, important/not important
- Barriers to time management
- Assertiveness as a tool of time management
- Working on your preferred strategies for dealing with competing demands
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainers
Kay Worth has been running personal development and parenting courses for over 25 years. She has 4 children, a degree in Psychology and many years experience of working in the voluntary sector. She is committed to promoting positive thinking, confidence building, great communication and positive parenting strategies, and loves to see the difference her courses make to relationships both at home and work.
Frances is a management and communication skills trainer and executive coach, with 30 years experience of working in the public, private and voluntary sectors. Frances has a level 7 certificate in executive coaching and leadership mentoring with the Institute of Leadership and Management and a certificate in training practice with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Frances uses training, coaching and facilitation techniques to create a supportive, empowering and interactive learning environment, enabling participants to develop the skills and confidence they need to maximise their own and their organisation’s potential.
Paul Gapper is a Masters qualified trainer with experience in interpersonal skills, work skills and management training. He has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for over fifteen years. Paul has a Distinction in the Institute of Personnel Development Training Certificate and the teacher-training certificate for Mindfulness-Based Approaches from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.