Happy HQ, 3rd Floor, 9 Alie Street, London E1 8DE
What You Will Learn
The workshop will be structured around lots of small sessions and practical exercises. You will work with the other members of your group throughout, enabling you to learn from your own experience as well as each other. Learners must be open to looking at the ways in which people work at their best within a safe and supportive environment, in line with Happy’s principles.
Active Listening Skills
Most people feel they are good listeners, but most people also feel that they are rarely listened to properly. It doesn’t quite add up!
Listening is the most valuable and most neglected skill. It can help you develop great ideas, win trust, keep customers, solve problems, avoid conflicts, and resolve them when they do come up. Serious benefits from one simple skill.
Giving Positive Constructive Feedback
Giving feedback scares the wits out of many people. Many managers put the task off, neglecting issues for week after week, to the point where they really fester and become much harder to deal with.
There is just no way round it: giving feedback frequently and promptly is at the heart of good management. It is simply essential. So let us show you how to do it brilliantly – and enjoy it!Enquire now
- Understand how communication works and look at the difference between listening and hearing
- Discover the benefits of empathic listening
- Learn and practice the 5 key elements of active listening
- Understand how to use questions to get the best out of your relationships
- Recognise what stops you listening and identify solutions to deal with this
- Identify key tips to improve your communication on the phone
- Identify the difference between constructive and destructive feedback
- Identify what stops you giving feedback and the impact this can have on others
- Identify where the most valuable feedback for a person can come from
- Learn the key steps to providing constructive and positive feedback clearly and within appropriate timescales
- Practice giving feedback positively to create new possibilities
- Prepare yourself to respond well to feedback from others
Our approach to programme delivery
Every programme is designed to ensure complete individual involvement and participation, it will stimulate your thinking and challenge you. The key focus is on practical skills and real outcomes throughout. The content will involve an innovative and engaging blend of activities so that you can directly apply it to your current performance and your future success.
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainer
Paul Gapper is a Masters qualified trainer with experience in interpersonal skills, work skills and management training. He has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for over fifteen years. Paul has a Distinction in the Institute of Personnel Development Training Certificate and the teacher-training certificate for Mindfulness-Based Approaches from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.