Happy HQ, 3rd Floor, 9 Alie Street, London E1 8DE - or your workplace
- What empowers people to work at their best
- The five key elements of active listening
- How to use coaching questions to get the best out of your people
- The difference between constructive and destructive feedback
- The key steps to providing constructive and positive feedback clearly
- What stops you giving feedback and the impact this can have
- Preparing yourself to respond well to feedback from others
- Understand what is needed for a quality appraisal
- The benefits you gain as a manager when you appraise effectively
- The three key stages of an appraisal plus the benefits of each stage
- The importance of advance preparation
- Setting measurable short and long term objectives with clear accountabilities whilst maintaining your people’s sense of job ownership
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
Our approach to programme delivery
Every programme is designed to ensure complete individual involvement and participation, it will stimulate your thinking and challenge you. The key focus is on practical skills and real outcomes throughout. The content will involve an innovative and engaging blend of activities so that you can directly apply it to your current performance and your future success.
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainers
Paul Gapper is a Masters qualified trainer with experience in interpersonal skills, work skills and management training. He has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for over fifteen years. Paul has a Distinction in the Institute of Personnel Development Training Certificate and the teacher-training certificate for Mindfulness-Based Approaches from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.
With over fifteen years of facilitation, training and coaching experience in the private, public and voluntary sectors, Dez specialises in communication and change. Dez holds the ILM Level 7 in Coaching & Mentoring, and the Human Technics Advanced Certification in Executive Coaching. With a professional acting background, Dez also supports senior staff with presentations and effective use of the voice.
He splits his time between facilitation, coaching and living life. Dez is the Deputy Chair of Governors for his local primary school, plays violin in a string quartet, sings jazz, and makes time to regularly disappear on mindfulness retreats.