Happy HQ, 3rd Floor, 9 Alie Street, London E1 8DE
Delegates must have used PowerPoint before and be familiar with creating and printing a basic presentation, adding and editing text, applying a design template to the existing presentation.
This course is suitable for users of PowerPoint 2013 and 2016. It is also available for users of PowerPoint 2007/2010 – please ensure you attend the course that is appropriate for your version of PowerPoint.
What You Will Learn
By the end of this intermediate level PowerPoint course, you will be able to:
- Create a visually exciting and stimulating PowerPoint presentation for your audience.
- Make global changes to your presentation using master slides.
- Create your own layouts to speed up the creation of presentations.
- Apply corporate colours and logos to your slides.
- Apply custom animation, including animating SmartArt and Charts.
- Use hyperlinks and hot spots to make your presentations interactive.
- Insert or link to video or audio clips, and decide which suits your needs best.
- Embed videos or YouTube clips in your presentation.
- Alter the way your sound and video plays back – including trimming, bookmarking, looping and splitting clips across slides.
- Troubleshoot when the clip doesn’t work in your presentation or with your computer set up. Look at compatibility across versions of PowerPoint. Possible fixes for poor playback quality.
- Set up Custom Shows so that one presentation can be adjusted and used for multiple audiences.
- Use Presenter View to stay ahead of your audience.
- Turn your presentation into a movie which can be sent and played independently of PowerPoint.
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
THE HAPPY GUARANTEE
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainers
Ed is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) and has worked at Happy for over 12 years. Although he trains the full suite of MS Office and non-Office packages at all levels, his favourite package is Excel. A previous winner of the prestigious Learning and Performance Institute's 'Learning Professional of the Year' award, as well as other training accolades, he is also the IT Helpline Manager.
Sal trains most MS Office packages. Her real love is in transferring knowledge by making her training sessions fun and more impactful. She is Happy’s Outlook Champion and ensures Outlook courses and training material are updated regularly with new features. Sal has been at happy for almost 2 years.
Paul trains on Microsoft products both on the Mac and PC platforms including VBA. Paul has trained with Happy since "the dawn of MS-DOS when formulas ruled the earth."
Kristina is an associate IT Trainer, she’s been training for 8 years and working for Happy since 2015. She provides training mainly on Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Her favourite package is Excel; she loves to show people shortcuts and quicker ways of working.
Kevin has been an IT Trainer for over 20 years, and is a charismatic and enthusiastic training specialist who brings energy and passion to his training courses. He always looks to engage with his learners with the view to making their learning experience as effective and enjoyable as possible.