Happy Teams and the Buurtzorg Way
Using the combined experience of Buurtzorg BI (Britain & Ireland) and Happy, you will explore how to succeed in practice with self-management and build real trust in your organisation.
Buurtzorg has over 15,000 staff with no managers — just self-managing teams that can focus on patient care. The idea of self-managing teams is attracting growing interest, and in Britain, Buurtzorg is supporting change in a growing number of sectors including housing, children's services and education.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn how this works in practice, as well as a chance to ask a British and a Dutch nurse about their experiences.
Tickets for this workshop are £195 per person, with a discounted rate of £150 per person for public sector and just £95 for charities. We are also offering substantial discounts for NHS and social care workers — please get in touch for details.
Public Sector Price£150*
- *per person, excluding VAT
While Buurtzorg is a healthcare organisation, the principles behind its success can be applied to organisations of all sectors, and Buurtzorg is supporting change in a growing number of them, both in Britain and internationally.
The agenda for the day (10:00-16:00)
- Henry Stewart, Chief Happiness Officer at Happy and Brendan Martin, Chief Executive of Buurtzorg UK on The Happy approach and the Buurtzorg way.
- Two Buurtzorg nurses, one British and one Dutch, discuss what it’s like to work in a self-managing way and how this affects their relationship with their clients
- How self-managing teams work
- How Buurtzorg makes self-managing teams work
- Q&A session with the nurses
- A coach from Buurtzorg discusses the coaching role and dealing with conflict and challenges in self-managing teams, plus a Q&A afterwards
Each session will also contain interaction, break out rooms and use of Liberating Structures such as Mad Tea and Punctuation, to facilitate discussion and sharing of ideas.
What are Happy's online events like?
In this short video, take a look at some of the ways that we create interactive, engaging experiences online using Zoom.
About our online events
This will be an interactive conference. As well as listening to some great speakers, you will be actively engaged. Using breakout rooms, we guarantee you will be involved in discussions with at least 30 other participants over the day.
In the feedback on our last day long virtual event (on 30th April, on Liberating Structures), it was rated as one of our most engaging events ever. Here’s some of the feedback we had:
- "Very interactive and dynamic, loved it, thank you"
- "It worked very well on Zoom. feeling very energised and excited."
- "Really great interacting with a wide range of people – so many different perspectives"
- "This was immersive, and even though really intense, I enjoyed it a lot. Also meeting so many people."
- "It was a lovely event and although we connected remotely we achieved great discussions. Thank you everyone!"
- "Such a wonderful day. Exhausted from so many brilliant ideas, tools and thoughts. :-) Lovely to meet everyone!"
- "So great to interact with so many people … lots of new things to try!"
Feedback from happy learners
Trusted Customer1 day ago
Janet Doran1 day ago
hugely valuable, highly interactive, and engaging workshop.
Keith Parker18 days ago
The course was the same high standard that i had experienced in previous Happy courses I've attended.
Trusted Customer33 days ago
Handled a large group of people on line very well Some interesting ideas and new approaches to considering issues and problems
Claudette Ceres33 days ago
they are very aware of you, as the trainee, and go at our pace
Kanta Patel39 days ago
The tutor was very helpful and went through the procedure if you were unsure.
Laura Faulkner39 days ago
Good format, not to many subjects in one session.
Trusted Customer41 days ago
Course very informative. My only problem was I wanted to learn Teams from the beginning and learn the basics, unfortunately there was quite a few people who were using Te...
Helen Taylor42 days ago
Excellent tips to become more efficient in your working day.
Neil Raj42 days ago
Good tutor. Patient with learners. Good pacing of sessions.
Neil Raj42 days ago
Very good teaching. Patient tutor
Trusted Customer42 days ago
I thought Happy's course was well coordinated and introduced new ideas and gave names to already known ideas. Very useful for those working in groups which can be dominat...