Happy Teams and the Buurtzorg Way
Using the combined experience of Buurtzorg BI (Britain & Ireland) and Happy, you will explore how to succeed in practice with self-management and build real trust in your organisation.
Buurtzorg has over 15,000 staff with no managers — just self-managing teams that can focus on patient care. The idea of self-managing teams is attracting growing interest, and in Britain, Buurtzorg is supporting change in a growing number of sectors including housing, children's services and education.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn how this works in practice, as well as a chance to ask a British and a Dutch nurse about their experiences.
Tickets for this workshop are £195 per person, with a discounted rate of £150 per person for public sector and just £95 for charities. We are also offering substantial discounts for NHS and social care workers — please get in touch for details.
The agenda for the day (10:00-16:00)
- Henry Stewart, Chief Happiness Officer at Happy and Brendan Martin, Chief Executive of Buurtzorg UK on The Happy approach and the Buurtzorg way.
- Two Buurtzorg nurses, one British and one Dutch, discuss what it’s like to work in a self-managing way and how this affects their relationship with their clients
- How self-managing teams work
- How Buurtzorg makes self-managing teams work
- Q&A session with the nurses
- A coach from Buurtzorg discusses the coaching role and dealing with conflict and challenges in self-managing teams, plus a Q&A afterwards
Each session will also contain interaction, break out rooms and use of Liberating Structures such as Mad Tea and Punctuation, to facilitate discussion and sharing of ideas.
What are Happy's online events like?
In this short video, take a look at some of the ways that we create interactive, engaging experiences online using Zoom.
About our online events
This will be an interactive conference. As well as listening to some great speakers, you will be actively engaged. Using breakout rooms, we guarantee you will be involved in discussions with at least 30 other participants over the day.
In the feedback on our last day long virtual event (on 30th April, on Liberating Structures), it was rated as one of our most engaging events ever. Here’s some of the feedback we had:
- "Very interactive and dynamic, loved it, thank you"
- "It worked very well on Zoom. feeling very energised and excited."
- "Really great interacting with a wide range of people – so many different perspectives"
- "This was immersive, and even though really intense, I enjoyed it a lot. Also meeting so many people."
- "It was a lovely event and although we connected remotely we achieved great discussions. Thank you everyone!"
- "Such a wonderful day. Exhausted from so many brilliant ideas, tools and thoughts. :-) Lovely to meet everyone!"
- "So great to interact with so many people … lots of new things to try!"
Feedback from happy learners
I found the Office 365 training really useful. It consolidated my self-taught learning and showed me some new things that will make my life easier as well as doing some t...
Found the session interactive and engaging throughout. Range of tools shared.
Helen Twigg1 day ago
Really enjoyed the Liberating Structures Online Immersion Workshop. High energy that kept you involved all day and have been able to use the learning immediately. Woul...
Ruth Gibbins1 day ago
Great facilitation, very interactive and organsied
Emma Willcox1 day ago
Great course, with lots of opportunity to practice techniques and not just learn about them. The day is packed full of content, so be ready to embrace the fast pace and t...
Judy Duff1 day ago
Happy are a creative, unique, relevant and modern-day approachers of workshop delivery and content.
Trusted Customer3 days ago
Excellent course and facilitator :) The course had good interactive sessions and well thought out content. It was made relevant to our roles and the trainer was supportiv...
Scott Haines4 days ago
I thought the training was excellent. It was really enjoyable and engaging and gave me lots of ideas to take away.
Toks Kinoshi4 days ago
An excellent session led by Henry where I learnt some new, refreshing techniques
Trusted Customer7 days ago
no documentation - forgotten the basics immediately
Janet Doran7 days ago
This webinar really delivered on making zoom interactive. Henry didn't tell us how to do it he let us experience it through his engaging style and pace, use of zoom featu...
Trusted Customer7 days ago
Fun and engsging