New Workshop: Lego Serious Play has Arrived at Happy
At Happy, we are always looking for new ways to create more impact and value for our amazing clients.
We are therefore really excited to now offer Lego Serious Play as part of our facilitated experiences.
If you are:
Aiming to create a high performing team
Introducing major change
Developing your strategic direction
Heading towards a more empowered and agile organisation
Wanting to generate more diverse thinking
Needing to energise your meetings, training or other group based activities
Then LSP could help you move towards your goal.
Read more in this blog by Jo Holliday.
Hi, we are Happy
We are leading a movement to create happy, empowered and productive workplaces.
How can we help you and your people to find joy in at least 80% of your work?
Is it just having fun with bricks?
In short, no!
Lego Serious Play (LSP) is a facilitated thinking, communication, and problem-solving technique for use with organisations, teams and individuals. It draws on extensive research from the fields of business, organisational development, psychology, and learning.
How does it work?
It’s called ‘hand knowledge’.
Our hands are connected to between 70 to 80 percent of our brain cells. Our brains are limited in how much information they can consciously handle at one time, the so-called working memory. But with the help of all the neural connections in our hands we ‘know’ a lot more at any given moment than we think we know.
LSP taps into the human ability to imagine, to describe and to make sense of a situation at hand, to initiate change and improvement, and even to create something radically new. When our hands are used in learning, a complicated process takes place that generates a powerful emotional charge. As a result, not only do thoughts and ideas that are built with our hands tend to be expressed in greater detail, but they are also more easily understood and remembered.
Could LSP be right for you?
First you have to ask yourself:
- Is the challenge complex?
- Is the organisation/team ready for an approach that will allow for several different, but equally valid, answers emerge, before reaching one shared answer?
In addition, for it to be successful, leaders need to sign up to six fundamental beliefs about leadership and organisations:
- Leaders don’t have all the answers
- Organisational success is dependent on hearing all voices in the room
- People naturally want to contribute, be part of something bigger and take ownership
- Allowing each member to contribute and speak out results in a more sustainable business
- All too often, teams work sub optimally leaving knowledge untapped in team members
- We live in a world which can best be described as complex and adaptive
In summary, a good Lego Serious Play context takes a complex problem and a courageous manager.
Experience it for yourself at our half day introductory workshop.
Don’t just take our word for it. We are running a LSP introductory workshop on the 10th August at Happy. At this half-day event you will have an opportunity to experience LSP for yourself and identify how this amazingly powerful approach could help you untap the energy, creativity and potential in your organisation.
- Improve Collaboration for a More Productive Workplace — Teamwork makes the dream work yet it can be challenging to collaborate at times. This blog can help you to improve collaboration and increase your productivity.
- 4 Fundamental Components for Effective Conflict Resolution — In this guest blog by Dolly she takes us through some tips for resolving issues and becoming a peacemaker.
- Tips for Dealing with Difficult People — Stress can often come from external factors around us. Our Senior Facilitator Paul Gapper goes through some methods for helping to deal with what could otherwise be deemed as 'difficult people' and situations.
Why not sign up to our newsletter?
Sign up to our monthly newsletter, full of tips, tricks and news to help you to be happier and more productive at work.
Claire is Head of Marketing at Happy. She has worked at Happy since 2016, and is responsible for Happy's marketing strategy, website, social media and more. Claire first heard about Happy in 2012 when she attended a mix of IT and personal development courses. These courses were life-changing and she has been a fan of Happy ever since. She has a personal blog at lecari.co.uk.
Testimonials from happy Customers
Ruby Alden-Gibson4 days ago
Really enjoyed the course. It was informative and I learnt loads!
Trusted Customer5 days ago
Very good, the process was easy and communication good. Mostly spoke to Laura so it would be good if all her emails had come from her name email address.
Trusted Customer5 days ago
Fully satisfied with the service and location of the training.
Trusted Customer8 days ago
Trent Grassian9 days ago
An incredible training, which was so engaging and informative. Really got a lot out of it and would highly recommend itt o others!
Joanne Spear9 days ago
thanks, the course was simple and easy to follow and i found the presenters approach very friendly.
Wilma Wheatley9 days ago
The tutor was great in including everyone. answered all the questions i had before attending
Trusted Customer9 days ago
Happy's training courses enhanced my knowledge and gave me new skills which I can use in my job to make things more efficient.
Jodie Moore10 days ago
Great course with a great tutor. Very interactive with good learning experiences.
Trusted Customer10 days ago
Great course, enjoyable and useful.
Jackie Costin10 days ago
Roumiana Grigorova10 days ago
I am very happy, taking this training. I would say I am one step more confident. This was an interesting and very useful experience. Our lecture was a great, I have to sa...