Level 4 Web Development Apprenticeship Programme
A cost effective way to develop your Web Development team. Our 18-month programme has industry-led training that is tailored to your organisation's needs.
Happy makes it hassle-free. We do the recruitment, training, and ongoing support to enable you to employ an Apprentice.
Industry-led with expert trainers
Everyone who creates, reviews, and delivers the training on this programme is a practising professional and an expert in their field. Our curriculum is constantly reviewed and adapted according to user feedback. The training framework responds to the changing needs of the industry, the business and the Apprentices involved.
The current curriculum includes:
- Team processes
- Using the toolchain
- Testing, QA and security
- Front and backend development
- Specification and planning of a website
- Developing and building a site from scratch
- Creating a full project
How does it work?
There is little or no additional cost to your organisation as funding is provided through the Apprenticeship Levy or through the government's co-investment scheme.
Happy handles the whole process, from recruitment and interviews to all of the training.
Happy finds 12 potential candidates and gives them the essential coding skills in a two week bootcamp. We then host a speed dating event so you can meet all 12 in 5 minute meetings. We then arrange formal interviews with your shortlisted candidates, so you can find the right Apprentice for your team.
Apprentices then receive two days of group training a month and an individual learning plan to structure their independent learning. These learning plans are tailored to your organisation's technology and technical requirements.
A cost effective way to grow your Web Development team
- Free up your senior developer's time — Apprentices can start quickly on simple routine tasks such as updates, testing and support, freeing up your senior developers.
- No age limit — Apprentices are usually thought of as young school and colleague leavers. Not anymore! There is no age barrier to doing an Apprenticeship.
- Existing staff can enrol too — Any of your existing staff can have a change of career through an Apprenticeship. (Though they cannot have a degree in a related field and the Apprenticeship must lead to substantial new skills.)
- Government-funded — available at little or no additional cost to your organisation through the Apprenticeship Levy, or through the co-investment scheme for smaller organisations.
- Receive a recognised qualification — the final qualification is the Level 4 Software Development Apprenticeship qualification. Apprentices also receive a industry-recognised certification which is dependent on their specialism such as the Acquia Drupal Certification or the Microsoft 70-480 Certification.