Let us help you to invest in the skills and development of your departmental managers with our Level 5 Apprenticeship programme. This comprehensive management training programme can be fully funded through your Apprenticeship Levy or 90% funded by the government’s ‘co-investment’ scheme.
This programme is based upon our own practical experience at Happy (Best Workplaces top 20 workplace list for five successive years), and learning from some of the world’s great workplaces (like Google and WL Gore). It will give you the personal insight and practical leadership and management skills to create a high performing department.
This management programme is based on ideas of trust and freedom, of creating empowerment and innovation – with the role of the manager to coach your people to be their best. If managers still play a more traditional role in your organisation, based on hierarchy, then this programme is not for you. You can learn more about these ideas in our Chief Happiness Officer Henry Stewart’s book, The Happy Manifesto.
What are the benefits?
- Available at little or no cost to you – funded through your Apprenticeship Levy or by the government’s ‘co-investment’ scheme
- No age limit – not just for young people
- Doesn’t need to be new staff, existing staff can enrol too
- Support your managers to become modern empowering leaders
- Learn Happy management principles: a high-trust, high-performance and happy workplace, with managers that coach their staff to do their best and celebrate their mistakes
- Monthly classroom sessions meaning little time away from the office, with direct support online and over the phone
- An online support group for Apprentices to discuss and share new ideas, give and offer support, and network with others on the scheme
- Plus, all delegates on this programme will receive our exclusive Happy Planner and Learning Journal – an A5 leather-look planner, with daily, weekly and monthly pages for you to plan, reflect and celebrate. It also has space to reflect on your goals, achievements, important lessons and how you can challenge yourself to do even better.
Our next available dates
Our next cohorts will be starting on Thursday 21st February and Wednesday 27th February, with monthly classroom dates held at Happy’s HQ in London.
If you would like a private group programme for your organisation (paid for by the Apprenticeship Levy), please get in touch with our team to discuss the available options, pricing and availability. These can be held anywhere in the UK, at Happy or at your workplace.
Who is this programme for?
This Level 5 programme has been developed for more experienced managers and heads of department who want to learn how to become empowering, modern leaders.
This programme is based on ideas of trust and freedom, of creating empowerment and innovation – and seeing the role of the manager to coach your people to be their best. If managers still play a more traditional role in your organisation, based on hierarchy, then this programme is not for you.
Looking to develop your new or aspiring managers? We also offer a Level 3 Development Programme for First-Time Managers – click here to learn more.
Looking for training over a shorter period? This programme is an extension of our four-day Happy Workplace Leadership Programme. This programme takes place over four days across six months. However, this programme cannot be funded under the Apprenticeship Levy. Click here to learn more.
What will it cost?
The actual cost of the programme is £9,000 per person, but it can be entirely funded by the Apprenticeship Levy for large organisations.
- Organisations with a payroll over £3 million a year can use their Apprenticeship Levy to pay for the Apprenticeship in full.
- Organisations with a payroll under £3 million a year will share the cost of the Apprenticeship with the government’s ‘co-investment’ funding, with the government paying 90% of the cost
We can talk you through how it works and how to apply.
Want to find out more?
Contact us to discuss your organisation’s needs and find out if Happy’s Level 5 Management Development Programme is right for you…
By the end of the programme, participants will:
- Be credible leaders and managers that inspire trust
- Able to manage multiple and remote teams, and manage team leaders
- Able to understand and develop an effective strategy
- Give greater trust and autonomy to your people and your team leaders
- Create a clear framework, to provide freedom within
- Understand when people work at their best and how to enable that
- Have key listening and coaching skills
- Have Effective presentation and report writing skills
- Have strong project management capability
- Understand businesses finance, including how to manage budgets and financial forecasting
- Understand time management and how to be productive, not just busy
- Have strong communication skills
- Be able to deal with difficult people and difficult situations.
- Have high performing departments, made up of high performing teams
Get in Touch
Call our friendly team on 020 7375 7300 or complete the form below.