A paid internship from 1st September 2012. This post will give you the chance to be part of a highly-respected training business, working together to deliver great service to our clients.
You will spend about 60% of your time on marketing, principally online. This will include updating the Happy web-site (based on WordPress), using SEO techniques to optimise pages, use of Google Analytics, managing of company blogs, and using other online resources such as Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter – as well as our own Learnfizz.
The aim is to develop the company’s presence online, to experiment with new possibilities. A specific aim is to generate more business from online sources.
You will spend about 40% of your time as part of our administration team. This will include answering the phone, taking bookings, using our online booking system, helping with morning welcomes and in the cafe. Specifically all Happy staff are expected to be prepared to take on any task that needs doing.
You must be:
- confident in using online resources, and in the use of social media. Experience of using social media for marketing would be an advantage but is not required.
- able to write effectively for the web
- excited about working for Happy and committed to our principles
- able to learn new tasks quickly, especially online.
- positive and supportive of others, and good at working as part of a team. You will be part of a small hard-working team.
- prepared to work harder than you ever have before.
- positive about yourself and others, and prepared to look for new possibilities in every situation
- prepared to ‘muck in’ and do whatever is necessary to support your colleagues and ensure excellent customer service to the customer
- committed to firm ethical principles at all times
- prepared to develop and be pushed to reach your full potential
- able to take responsibility and be self-managing
- able to stay calm and work under pressure
You may be a student in the middle or at the end of a course. However this job is open to anybody and no qualification is required.
The internship is a full-time position based at our Aldgate offices (E1 1EE) – in central London and just 2 minutes from Aldgate East tube station.
Hours: Roughly 9-5.30, but open to some flexibility
Pay: based on an annual salary of £13,500
As an internship this post can be for any period from four months to a year.It will begin with a trial period of two to four weeks.
Happy Ltd was rated one of the top 20 workplaces in the UK for five successive years. We have also been rated the best company in the UK for customer service and the small business with the most positive impact on society. Explore this site to find out more.