Happy has developed an all-new Level 3 Apprenticeship programme for first-time and junior managers, based on Happy’s management principles and the Happy Workplace Leadership programme.
There is little or no cost to your organisation thanks to the new Apprenticeship Levy, which can be used for any accredited Apprenticeship scheme, and does not need to be for young people or new staff.
Your first-time managers will learn how to create high-performing, high-trust workplaces, and how to coach their teams to help them perform at their best. Plus, they will learn essential management skills, including project management, finance management, presentation and report writing, and effective time management.
If managers still play a more traditional role in your organisation, based on command and control, then this programme is not for you. Instead, this programme is based on ideas of trust and freedom, of creating empowerment and innovation – and seeing the role of the manager to coach your people to be their best.
What are the benefits?
- No age limit – not just for young people
- Doesn’t need to be new staff, existing staff can enrol too
- Give your first-time managers the skills and support they need to succeed in their new role
- Learn Happy management principles: a high-trust, high-performance and happy workplace, with managers that coach their staff to do their best and celebrate their mistakes
- Monthly classroom sessions, meaning little time away from the office, with direct support online and over the phone
- An online support group for Apprentices to discuss and share new ideas, give and offer support, and network with others on the scheme
- Government funded – little or no cost to your organisation
How much does it cost?
Due to the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy from April 2017, this scheme is available at little or no cost to your organisation:
- Organisations with a payroll of £3 million a year or more will have to pay 0.5% into the Levy, but can then spend that on accredited Apprenticeship schemes like this one.
- Organisations with a payroll of £3 million a year or less don’t pay anything into the Levy, and can get 90% of this programme funded.
We can talk you through how it works and how to apply for the scheme on enrollment.
Courses for middle and senior managers
We are also developing programmes, again meeting Apprenticeship standards, for experienced managers at Level 5 and for senior managers at Level 7 (degree level). Please get in touch if these could be of interest.