Happy is a training company providing a large range of IT and non IT courses.
We are looking for a person who can support our deaf trainer to communicate with his hearing delegates whilst he is providing IT training – this can be anything up to five days a week from 10am to 4.45pm. We would also like this person to provide support to our deaf trainer when he covers our telephone helpline.Apply Online
Customer Service at Happy
Happy is a fast growing company. However, we do not advertise and we do not employ a sales team or make ‘cold calls’. Our growth comes from ‘word of mouth’ recommendation, based on the quality of the service we provide to our customers.
Everyone’s role at Happy is to enhance the service that our clients receive – we need to make sure that their first contact (and every contact afterwards) with Happy leaves them excited, informed and wanting to do business with us. All of our staff seek to ensure Happy continues its growth not through marketing but through the excellent service that it provides to its clients.
Tasks involved in the job
The tasks below are those initially agreed for the position:
- On all the days our deaf trainer is training, interpreting in the training room by translating the questions his hearing delegates ask (this can include the need to travel to a client’s site with our deaf trainer, if he is not training in Aldgate where we are based)
- Work with our trainers, office staff and clients to ensure customer delight before, during and after courses
- Provide support on the helpline, by answering the calls and dealing directly with our clients whilst our deaf trainer solves their IT issues
- Provide support with written communication to our clients
- Interpret for our deaf trainer on our fortnightly staff meeting currently on alternate Tuesday’s from 5.15pm to 6pm
- The successful candidate will be required to support our office staff and get involved in other work during periods when our deaf trainer does not require support, for example, staffing our reception first thing daily to welcome our clients to our premises until they are needed by our deaf trainer in the training room, or providing general support when our deaf trainer is on a non training day or on leave
The position is full-time.Apply Online
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this post is £30,000.
- Hours: 38 per week (usually 9 to 5.30pm), plus attendance at a weekly staff meeting as part of the working hours – currently alternate Tuesday’s at 5.15 to 6pm
- Training: An additional benefit, subject to availability, is the opportunity to go on any Happy course, and you will be actively encouraged to learn new software packages.
Happy also has a non contributory pension scheme.
Happy currently employs over 30 staff, this position provides the opportunity to be a part of a growing company.
Happy seeks to be an equal opportunities employer. We hope to reflect the cultural diversity of this city in the people we employ. The building has full disability access.
You need to be registered or eligible to register with The National Registers of Communication Professionals working with Deaf and Deaf/Blind People (NRCPD). We would prefer an interpreter working at MRSLI level (Member of the Register of BSL/English Interpreters).
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Ability to support our deaf trainer and ensure that our learners have an enjoyable experience at Happy
- Ability to communicate well and develop strong relationships with our clients – our key principle at Happy is to aim to create customer delight always
- Commitment to the Happy’s training principles: these are based around a training style that fully involves all delegates, and seeks to realise their learning potential
- Ability to take responsibility and be self managing
- Great social skills: a relaxed, friendly attitude, to enable fellow members of staff and clients to feel relaxed and at ease
- Flexibility: Happy’s staff must be prepared to question their working methods, test out new ideas, celebrate their mistakes and seek to continually improve their abilities
- Interested in computers and keen to learn, IT knowledge would be desirable but is not essential
- Good administration skills: for example, organised, thorough, high level of accuracy
- Excellent telephone skills: ability to project a positive and helpful image over the phone at all times
- Must have excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Commitment to excellence in everything you do, especially in supporting our deaf trainer and meeting the needs of our customers
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to leave every person you deal with, feeling good about themselves
- Excitement about working for Happy and commitment to our principles
- Great team worker: ability to work positively, flexibly and supportively with others but also the ability to work on own initiative when necessary. Happy employees are expected to be open and assertive in expressing their views and feelings
- Enthusiasm: positive thinking is essential in all aspects of Happy’s work
- Ability to stay calm and work under pressure
- Ability to negotiate quickly with work colleagues and ensure action is taken
- Excellent time keeping and general reliability
Closing date for applications: 11pm Wednesday 3rd June 2015
Interviews to be held: the morning of Friday 12th June 2015