Happy Computers (part of the Happy Ltd group) is offering the opportunity to join an award winning IT Training organisation. We provide ‘end user’ (non-technical) training to a range of individuals and organisations, covering popular topics such as MS Office and Adobe packages.
Our approach is different to other training providers. For us, training isn’t just about being knowledgeable or conveying complicated information. It’s about how much you can involve your learners.
If you are embarking on a new career, or looking to improve your training skills, this is a great opportunity to become a great IT trainer. If you can demonstrate potential, we will invite you to spend a year with us for a 12 month paid internship. You will be developing your skills, delivering training to our clients and working towards the goal of being one of the best LPI (Learning & Performance Institute) accredited trainers in the business.
At the end of your 12 month development contract, you will be a confident IT trainer able to deliver a great service to many different clients within varied environments. If successful, you will have the opportunity to continue working with Happy Computers as a Freelance Trainer. Permanent Staff Trainer opportunities may also be available to anybody who has demonstrated a real flair for training within the Happy style, coupled with consistently high evaluation scores.
What you get
The salary is between £18,500 – £22,000 per anum, depending upon experience. The contract is for 12 months (subject to a successful probationary period). Happy does not offer any individual performance bonuses. However, a team bonus is given in addition to basic salary paid monthly (roughly equivalent to £500 per anum). Cost of training, development and LPI trainer accreditation will be covered by Happy Computers.
Who we are looking for
If you make delegate involvement the focus of your training whilst also making the use of computers fun – and are determined to provide the very best service to every learner – then please apply. No prior experience is necessary. We are looking for trainers with little experience or completely fresh to the job.
Applications and Interviews
To apply, please complete the web application form at: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/trainees3
The deadline for applications is 11pm Thursday 24th March 2016.
For our interview process, we will ask you to deliver a short piece of learning (no more than 15 minutes). We’re not looking for your technical expertise. We’re looking for your attitude, personality, communication skills and your ability to engage with a group of learners.
First Interviews: 31st March 2016
Second Interviews: 6th April 2016
Start date: Early May 2016
Initial Training and TPMA Accreditation 6th – 9th June 2016
- Commitment to adhere to the principles of Happy
- Ability to fully involve learners and train to the standard of TPMA or an equivalent.
- Infinite patience: the trainer will never show annoyance or anger with learners or put them down, whatever they do.
- Excellent communication skills: The ability to avoid un-necessary jargon and explain computers and software in language that a non-technical person can understand.
- Good social skills: a relaxed and friendly attitude, to enable all learners to feel relaxed and at ease.
- Performance skills: the trainer should ensure that the learners have an entertaining and enjoyable day.
- Commitment to the Happy’s training principles: these are based around a training style that fully involves all delegates, and seeks to realise their learning potential.
- Flexibility: Happy’s trainers must be prepared to question their methods, test out new ideas and seek to continually improve their training ability.
- Interest in the way people learn, and in actively using coaching skills to improve training.
- Curiosity & Learning ability: trainers must be able to learn new packages at short notice.
- Ability to familiarise yourself with the most popular products requested for training (currently Excel and MS Office Upgrade)
- Interest in IT, new technology (such as interactive whiteboards) and how it can be used effectively to benefit learners / users in the workplace, in accordance to Happy’s training principles.
- Consideration and Tidiness. Trainers will commit to leaving training rooms / shared areas tidy for other trainers. Taking pride in the Happy environment, and showing consideration to users and learners.
- Good team worker: ability to work supportively with others and help others to achieve their best. Happy staff are expected to be open, assertive and respectful in expressing their views and feelings.
- Energy & Enthusiasm: positive thinking is essential in all aspects of Happy’s work.
- Responsibility & Initiative: all of Happy’s staff must be reliable, able to take responsibility, determine their own job and work on their own initiative.
- Commitment to quality: the trainer must see excellence as their goal and be totally dedicated to creating customer delight.
- Excellent time keeping and general reliability: our courses start on time, not a minute late. They finish on time, not a minute earlier (where there is reasonable control).
- Happy is a strictly drug free environment. Employees should not drink alcohol, take recreational drugs – or be under their influence – during working hours (including breaks). Trainers should never smell of cigarette smoke.
- Happy provides training anywhere around the UK. We get many requests for training outside of London and require our trainers to respond willingly to meet the needs of our clients. As such, we are looking for flexibility with respect to travelling (especially for high income courses or projects).
- Course preparation. The person is expected to spend time ensuring they are completely at ease with course manuals, timetables, demos & exercises, and on top of the package that they are training in.