We are looking to recruit for someone to manage our training centre facilities AND organise our conferences. The successful application will be responsible for our training centre budget, training facilities and public areas (design and upkeep), health and safety as well as front-of-house service to our clients and staff. In addition, they will be responsible for the organisation and logistics of running a successful conference. Everything will be done in order to give our delegates an amazing experience.
The role is varied, with elements of customer service, building management (design, health and safety and maintenance) and event planning. In addition, one of Happy’s founding principles is to give our staff trust and freedom: so you will be given the flexibility to run things the way you want. All we ask is that you work within Happy’s culture.
The role is full time (38 hours per week). The salary is between £24,000 – £28,000 per anum, depending upon experience. In addition, each staff member receives a company bonus (equivalent to £700 per year).Apply Now
*Although please make sure you’ve read everything below first
What we need
The role will require you to take care of our training centre, and make it an amazing place to visit. This will include:
- Supporting clients and staff with respect to facilities issues.
- Maintenance of public and private office facilities (either yourself or through external specialists e.g. plumbers).
- Responsible for keeping the areas tidy (involving liaising with cleaning services and staff).
- Building Health & Safety
- Building a relationship with the landlord and their services.
- Management of the training centre budget.
- Management of design and decorative services (to keep our premises fresh and up to date).
Every day we have clients visiting us for a truly unforgettable learning experience. Most of our events start in the morning, so we will be asking for you to:
- Manage the process of delegates and visitors arriving at Happy, and their journey to the classroom.
- Work with other key staff to give excellent customer service to clients (such as receptionists, café coordinator and technical support).
- Respond to issues that may occur on the day (such as technical, staffing or client issues).
- Monitor upcoming events and bookings, with respect to room utilisation and technical requirements.
- Monitor and act upon client end-of-day feedback, with respect to service and facilities.
- Organising (and minuting) monthly troubleshoot meetings with key staff.
Conference and Event Organisation
Happy is currently growing its conference stream of the business. As such we are hosting events at Happy, as well as occasionally on 3rd party premises. As such we need
- Management of conference / event logistics
- Overseeing client customer service and booking / query processes
- Working with marketing and management to ensure high quality and unforgettable events for our clients
Essential Achievements / Characteristics
- Excellent general customer service and communication skills (with clients AND colleagues).
- Maintain professionalism and positivity during last minute critical issues
- Enjoyment in being organised and efficient
- Taking pride in facilities, physical environments and delivering a great service.
- Ability to take responsibility and be self-managing.
- Positive communication: you need to leave your clients and colleagues feeling good about themselves and about Happy
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Flexibility: Happy staff must be prepared to question their working methods, test out new ideas, celebrate their mistakes and seek to continually improve their abilities
- Demonstrable experience of either conference organising, facilities management and/or front-of-house management.
Desirable Achievements / Characteristics
- Experience of a Learning & Development environment
Applications and InterviewsApply Now
*Please note, we do not accept CVs sent directly to the office.
The deadline for applications is 11pm Sunday 24th January 2016.
The first interview will take place on the morning of Friday 29th January 2016. Please allow for ½ a day.
Second interviews will take place on the afternoon of Wednesday 3rd February 2016.