Not many people enjoy giving appraisals. And no wonder – traditionally it’s seen as the time to tackle all the awkward issues you’ve been putting off for months...
Our approach is different: the employee takes the lead, and is responsible for assessing and planning their own performance. The skilful manager helps them see their performance objectively, and enables them to set ambitious but appropriate targets for themselves.
On this 3-hour session you will:
- Recap the key things you need to do to ensure your feedback is constructive and enabling
- Self test, through a questionnaire, and identify how effective an appraiser you are
- Understand the benefits you gain as a manager when you appraise effectively
- Share ideas for getting your people to contribute freely at an appraisal meeting
- Identify techniques for dealing with situations where performance is not satisfactory
- Learn how to suggest goals whilst maintaining your people’s sense of job ownership
- Get ten tips for building exceptional relationships with colleagues at work – the foundation for successful appraisals