This course is for anyone who wants to express themselves more clearly, openly and confidently in their personal and professional relationships.
This course will help to analyse current behaviour patterns and situations where people are experiencing difficulty. They will learn and practice skills and techniques of assertive communication.
- To identify assertive and non-assertive behaviour.
- To analyse their current behaviour patterns.
- To deal with conflict constructively.
- To learn and practice a range of techniques of assertive communication.
- To explore situations where it is difficult to behave assertively, and to develop strategies and skills to handle them more effectively.
- Introductions and groundrules.
- Course expectations.
- How do you communicate?
- Identifying personal and/or work situations that present difficulty.
- Recognising assertive and non-assertive behaviour
- Conflict styles
- Being assertive
- Barriers to assertive behaviour
- Assertive body image
- Communicating more effectively
- Giving and receiving compliments and criticism
- Action plan
The ‘Small Print’
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.