Four half-day sessions for those co-ordinating or supporting volunteers as part of their role. This session looks at ways of creating policy to ensure a safe and productive volunteer programme, with a motivated volunteer force.
- Creating Agreements with Volunteers.
- Volunteer case law and what we can learn from it.
- Essential Policies.
- Writing a Volunteer Policy.
- Appropriate Expenses.
At the end of the course, learners should:
- Understand what motivates volunteers, and how to create an agreement between volunteer and organisation
- Know the essential policies needed for volunteer involvement, and laws to be aware of.
- Be ready to facilitate the design and writing of a volunteer policy for their organisation.
- Understand the importance of long term planning and support in volunteer retention.
Who’s it for?
If getting people involved and/or supporting them in their volunteering is what you do – or part of it – these easy-to-access courses are for you. A combination of advice and networking opportunities in half-day sessions.
The ‘Small Print’
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.