The target audience for this introductory course is anyone who needs to have a basic understanding of health and safety requirements and /or needs to begin to think about reviewing or developing their organisation’s current health and safety policy.
All organisations must comply with health and safety legislation as employers and service providers. However, in order to ensure that your organisation can and does comply with health and safety requirements. The consequences of failing to put in place or follow proper procedures in relation to health and safety could be disastrous or even fatal to individuals and your organisation.
The course objectives are to assist participants to:
- understand key legal obligations in relation to health and safety legislation.
- assist their organisation to ensure that they have an effective written health and safety policy.
- ensure that their organisation has put in place relevant procedures that people understand and follow.
- have the confidence and knowledge to promote health and safety.
- A basic introduction to health and safety legislation.
- What we know about the potential implications of the current Government’s review of health and safety legislation.
- Key responsibilities of employers and employees under health and safety legislation – including responsibilities in relation to a health and safety policy, first aid, fire precautions.
- Developing or reviewing a health and safety policy.
- Identifying workplace hazards and workplace stress.
- Sources of help and advice.
The ‘Small Print’
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.