The course is designed to enable those with no previous web experience, to be able you to make simple alterations and to keep the information on your web site up to date.
By the end of the course, you will be confident in using the essential features of Dreamweaver to update/alter web pages and upload changes.
What you will learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Create and save web pages.
- Create hyperlinks between pages and to external websites.
- Preview web pages in a browser.
- Identify some good and bad web design issues.
- Standardise your formatting using CSS.
- Insert images into your website.
- Make your links and images more accessible.
- Test your site to make sure it is correct and the links work.
- Upload the web site to the web.
You should be an advanced word processor user and very comfortable using a computer, including Windows and a mouse.
Getting Started With Dreamweaver
Creating a new site, Creating new web pages, Previewing pages in the browser, Creating internal hyperlinks, Creating external hyperlinks, Creating email links.
Cascading Style Sheets(CSS) for formatting
Internal and External CSS.
Images & Media
Types of image files, Getting images from the web, Alternative text, Linking images, Image maps, Rollovers, Flash text.
Testing and Uploading your website.
The ‘Small Print’
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.