This course is for People who wish to use Quickbooks to keep their accounts and who have a sound knowledge of book-keeping and accounts principles and terminology to Trial Balance at least.
By the end of the course, you will be confident in using the essential features of QuickBooks.
What you will learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Set up a Quickbooks company to deal with your accounts.
- Set up the company information and enter the opening balances.
- Work with your chart of accounts.
- Set up and maintain your Customer and Vendor accounts.
- Create invoices and statements.
- Deal with money received by your company.
- Deal with the entering and paying of bills.
- Process other bank payments and receipts and petty cash.
- View information on basic accounts reports.
- Learn how to keep track of your company’s VAT.
- Understand the significance of the reporting structure.
- Use the reports more fully to filter and customize to your own needs.
- Understand the implications of recording VAT on your accounts.
- Prepare a VAT return using Quickbooks.
- Set up and use the reminders within Quickbooks.
- Get an overview of payroll tracking on Quickbooks.
- Set up employee records.
- Set up the payroll items that you need.
- Write a Payroll cheque.
- Track your Tax Liabilities.
- Know how to pay the Taxman.
- Know what to do at the Year End.
Delegates must be confident in using a keyboard, Windows and a mouse.
Delegates who do not have experience to the above level should attend the one-day Easy Start to Computerising Your Accounts course.
Setting up a company, with a chart of accounts and opening balances
Setting up and maintaining Customer and Vendor records
Creating invoices and receiving payments, entering and paying bills
Bank payments and receipts, reports, VAT, security
Analysing Financial Data using reports
VAT, Shortcuts and Reminders
Setting up Payroll
Using Payroll features
The ‘Small Print’
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.