Delegates must be confident in the Windows environment and in the use of the mouse. You should also be familiar with at least one common software application, which you will use in your own training sessions.
**Advanced Preparation **
On the morning of the first day, delegates will be expected to give a 5 minute training session. Please choose and prepare a topic to train. This can be in any of the following Microsoft 2007 or 20013 packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer or My Computer (Outlook is not available). PCs, flipcharts and pens will be available on the day.
What You Will Learn
By the end of this training you will be able to confidently deliver an IT course that fully involves your learners.
In particular you will be able to:
- Clarify the difference between learner focused & trainer focused training styles.
- Gain practical experience of training, and being trained by others. This includes a ‘before & after’ video to take away.
- Identify methods to help people learn IT effectively.
- Agree key principles in how to involve people in computer training.
- Identify and use different question techniques within a training session.
- Use questions to help delegates find the solutions for themselves.
- Ensure you have clear objectives for every session.
- Make the training relevant to each delegate.
- Measure skills transfer for each delegate to ensure the objectives have been met.
- Identify how your training can appeal to different learning styles.
- Identify how accelerated learning techniques can be used within training.
- Note ideas for transferring your skills to your work environment.
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Your Course Trainers
Nicky has been a senior facilitator for over 16 years. Her leadership purpose is to support people to reach their full potential, and this has driven her internally as part of Happy’s senior leadership team. It has enabled her, through her work every day with clients, to facilitate senior leadership programmes and personal development events. Nicky also has a proven track record at leading on large projects and inspiring others as a speaker at conferences.
Sarah has been a Freelance trainer with Happy for nearly 20 years. She has excellent communication skills and high levels of both integrity and empathy which makes her an extremely effective trainer, facilitator and coach. Sarah is also a confident public speaker, and regularly presents at conferences.