Learners must have used PowerPoint before and be able to create a simple slide-show.
What You Will Learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Understand the elements of a great presentation
- Create well-designed slides that are simple and effective
- Avoid the faff and quickly create new presentations that meet your design needs.
- Create templates that make creation of your presentations easy
- Create and adjust master slides to control the look of your presentation
- Integrate slides from other presentations, either keeping the original formatting or applying your style
- Understand where to find free or low-cost images and be able to manipulate them
- Use animation to control how slides are displayed
- Add hyperlinks to allow you, or somebody receiving the slides, to move easily to other slides.
- Create an automated quiz, using PowerPoint slides
- Insert and edit sound and video files into your presentation
- Create a video using PowerPoint, based on a set of slides and a voiceover, which can then be distributed to others.
Intensive Courses from Happy
Intensive courses have been created specifically for those who need to learn a great deal of content at a faster pace. Each one is focused on increasing your productivity, and building a substantial expertise in just a single day. These courses will be longer, faster and more intensive than a standard classroom course. If you can keep up, the rewards will definitely be worth the effort.
The course runs 9:30am to 5:15pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9:15am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 20 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Your Course Trainers
Darren manages the IT helpline, as well as training almost every IT course on the Happy computers programme. He has been with Happy for nearly 9 years.
Nicky has been a senior facilitator for over 16 years. Her leadership purpose is to support people to reach their full potential, and this has driven her internally as part of Happy’s senior leadership team. It has enabled her, through her work every day with clients, to facilitate senior leadership programmes and personal development events. Nicky also has a proven track record at leading on large projects and inspiring others as a speaker at conferences.