- Introductions and personal objectives
- Define what ‘Emotional Intelligence’ is
- Identify a self-limiting belief and step beyond it by separating it from what you do and how you behave
- Proactively choose how you feel about the things that happen to you
- Identify at least two key self-fulfilling beliefs
- Understand the key steps needed to maximise your happiness
- Benefits of mindfulness and focusing on the present moment
- Identify when a person’s body language is in congruence with their words
- Identify the physical signs associated with hot feelings
- Use language positively to recreate new possibilities
- Choose to move from a negative state to a positive state
- Understand the benefits of positive self regard and move towards a more confident you through unconditional self-acceptance
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
Your Course Trainers
Nicky has been a senior facilitator for over 16 years. Her leadership purpose is to support people to reach their full potential, and this has driven her internally as part of Happy’s senior leadership team. It has enabled her, through her work every day with clients, to facilitate senior leadership programmes and personal development events. Nicky also has a proven track record at leading on large projects and inspiring others as a speaker at conferences.
Cathy has been with Happy since March 1995 and shortly after took over the role of Group Managing Director, and is responsible for maintaining Happy's award-winning and celebrated culture. As head of Happy People, she is Lead Facilitator, executive coach, speaker and consultant with the aim of embedding positive behavioural change. Her leadership purpose is to help others to be great at work. She is an inspiration to her staff and clients. Cathy has received recognition through several national awards, including a Special Commendation for Innovative Management in the Best Boss Competition.
Nicole has been with Happy for more than 10 years. An experienced and versatile trainer and facilitator, her specialties cover Train-the-Trainer, presentation skills, networking, conflict resolution, leadership and management training and career development.
Paul Gapper is a Masters qualified trainer with experience in interpersonal skills, work skills and management training. He has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for over fifteen years. Paul has a Distinction in the Institute of Personnel Development Training Certificate and the teacher-training certificate for Mindfulness-Based Approaches from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.