- Introductions and personal objectives
- Reflect on your approach to parenting and how this affects your relationship with your child
- Learn how to develop and use positive communication and listening skills
- Understand and promote positive cycles of behaviour
- Learn how to set effective and appropriate boundaries
- Effective use of praise and encouragement
- Understanding languages of love, and how to best communicate affection to your child and others
- Develop problem solving and negotiation skills
- Learn how the above skills can be transferred to workplace situations/relationships
- Understand how feeling more confident, relaxed and in control at home can have a positive effect on your work-life
- Action plan beyond today
Who should attend?
This one day programme is suitable for parents of children aged from 2 to 16 years old.
Our approach to programme delivery
Every programme is designed to ensure complete individual involvement and participation, it will stimulate your thinking and challenge you. The key focus is on practical skills and real outcomes throughout. The content will involve an innovative and engaging blend of activities so that you can directly apply it to your current performance and your future success.
The Small Print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Your Course Trainer
Kay Worth has been running parenting courses for over 20 years. She has 4 children, and a degree in Psychology. She is committed to promoting positive parenting strategies, and loves to see the difference her courses make to family relationships.