What You Will Learn
You will enhance your ability to deal with others in a way that is productive yet maintains and improves relationships. Empower yourself to have a voice and be heard!Book now
- Introductions and personal objectives
- Identify the benefits of building personal credibility
- Identify the professional situations that present difficulty and why
- Identify your barriers to behaving assertively
- Discover what true assertiveness means
- Understand the cycle of conflict and the reasons others may be difficult with us
- Identify how to deal with conflict constructively
- Learn how to frame your requests so that you are more likely to be heard
- Discover the benefits and core elements of creating trust
- Identify the 13 behaviours that build trust and how to use them in practice
- Understand the benefits of building an effective peer support network
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
If you need help following the workshop with fulfilling your personal action plan, then we also offer 1 to 1 executive coaching which can provide you with an insightful and structured space to discover and develop yourself further in order to achieve even more positive results.
Our approach to programme delivery
This one-day workshop has been designed to ensure complete individual involvement and participation. It will stimulate your thinking and challenge you. The key focus is on practical skills and real outcomes throughout. The content will involve an innovative and engaging blend of activities so that you can directly apply it to your current performance and your future success.
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainer
Paul Gapper is a Masters qualified trainer with experience in interpersonal skills, work skills and management training. He has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for over fifteen years. Paul has a Distinction in the Institute of Personnel Development Training Certificate and the teacher-training certificate for Mindfulness-Based Approaches from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.