Behaving Assertively and Building Confidence
- Discover what true assertiveness means
- Define the four behavioural types and understand more about each
- Identify your inner dialogue and then manage it through positive thinking
- Understand the link between assertiveness and body language
- Discover how to disagree assertively
- Identify some key tips to build your confidence
Improve Your Working Relationships through Developing Your Active Listening Skills
- Understand how communication works and look at the difference between listening and hearing
- Discover the benefits of empathic listening
- Recognise what stops you listening and identify solutions to deal with this
- Identify ten tips for building exceptional relationships with colleagues at work
Key Tips to Dealing with Stress Positively
- Identify your symptoms of stress – physical, mental and emotional, professional and personal
- Establish what causes you to feel stressed – enabling you to spot stress before it happens, and take action ahead of time
- Discover what you already do to deal with stress – these may be good techniques you can keep, or they may be making the situation worse in the long run, which will need to change
- Experience one practical method for dealing with stress in the future
Effective Time Management
- Identify the classic symptoms of bad time management
- Understand what steals your time and where urgency is created and why
- Get our key tips to create more time and work as effectively as possible
Personal action plan beyond the programmeBook now
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainers
Nicky has been a senior facilitator for over 16 years. Her leadership purpose is to support people to reach their full potential, and this has driven her internally as part of Happy’s senior leadership team. It has enabled her, through her work every day with clients, to facilitate senior leadership programmes and personal development events. Nicky also has a proven track record at leading on large projects and inspiring others as a speaker at conferences.
Sarah has been freelancing for over 20 years. She has excellent communication skills and high levels of both integrity and empathy which makes her an extremely effective trainer, facilitator, and coach. Sarah is Belbin accredited, an NLP Practitioner and a TPMA and City and Guilds Assessor. She uses these skills to specialise in organisation transformation and team building. She is also a confident public speaker, and regularly presents at conferences.
Paul Gapper is a Masters qualified trainer with experience in interpersonal skills, work skills and management training. He has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for over fifteen years. Paul has a Distinction in the Institute of Personnel Development Training Certificate and the teacher-training certificate for Mindfulness-Based Approaches from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.