Happy London, Aldgate or at your premises.
What You Will Learn
This comprehensive one day programme will provide a depth of personal insight and enhance your ability to tackle real life business challenges using the Happy Manifesto key principles:
- Trust Your People.
- Make Your People Feel Good.
- Give Freedom within Clear Guidelines.
- Be Open and Transparent.
- Recruit for Attitude, Train for Skill.
- Celebrate Mistakes.
- Community: Create Mutual Benefit.
- Love Work, Get a Life.
- Select managers who are good at managing.
- Play to your strengths
- Introductions and personal objectives
- Day to day behaviours that make the Happy Manifesto work in practice
- Pre-approval in action
- Valuing your people
- Listening , coaching and performance management
- What’s needed to recruit for attitude
- Creating a no blame culture
- Actions that support people with their life balance
- Assigning work according to people’s strengths
- Workshop of tailored support around your management challenges
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Your Course Trainers
Cathy has been with Happy since March 1995 and shortly after took over the role of Group Managing Director, and is responsible for maintaining Happy's award-winning and celebrated culture. As head of Happy People, she is Lead Facilitator, executive coach, speaker and consultant with the aim of embedding positive behavioural change. Her leadership purpose is to help others to be great at work. She is an inspiration to her staff and clients. Cathy has received recognition through several national awards, including a Special Commendation for Innovative Management in the Best Boss Competition.
Henry Stewart is founder and Chief Executive of London-based training business Happy Ltd. Happy was rated one of the top 20 workplaces in the UK for 5 successive years and now helps other organisations create happy workplaces. In 2011 Henry was listed in the Guru Radar of the Thinkers 50 list of the most influential business thinkers in the world. "He is one of the thinkers who we believe will shape the future of business", explained list compiler Stuart Crainer. His book, The Happy Manifesto, was published by Kogan Page in January 2013.